first encounter💜

3rd Person 

The alarm beeped.

Hyunjin groaned, turning it off. Today is Monday. It wasn't like any other day. Hyunjin hates Mondays. Why? Because first of all, school starts. Secondly, you know that you have to go there for 4 more days. Thirdly, Hyunjin doesn't want to face all those people. 

If his friends would be at his school it would be maybe different. But no, his father thought that a  public school would be " something new and different" to him. At least he is going to leave this school in a few months and finally graduate. 

He got ready for school, grabbing his backpack and leaving his apartment. yes, his. It's not like his parent would care about him. They don't give a sh#t...well, maybe about his future. 

Since they're living 9.506  km away from Korea, Hyunjin got used to being lonely, except for his friends Minho and Changbin. But he might be the reason as well why he doesn't have a lot of friends. You see, Hyunjin has a cold personality. He doesn't let people so easily into his life. He even seems sometimes isolated with his friends. But as if he'd care...

It was quite cold outside. The sky was cloudy as big, grey clouds decorated it. The ground was still wet from the nights rain, the air smelling really fresh. The end of August.  A cold breeze touched the warmth of his cheeks, pushing back a few hair strands of his black, messy hair. 

Hyunjin sighed, lit up his cigarette and started to head to school while loud music blasted through his ears. The smoking became a habit a year ago. 

It didn't take him long to arrive at school and he realized that the day had started. He finished his cigarette and entered the building. The school floors were already crowded with students who were chatting about their weekend.

"How annoying"  thought Hyunjin as he walked to his first class.

There he was. The schools "bad boy". His hair messy, his shirt a bit unbottoned and his tie lose. Every girl would stare. Every girl did stare. All of the girls have had a crush on him but who wouldn't, right? But none of them even tried to get him. Well, most of them did but all of them got refused as they knew that Hyunjin is a distant and cold person. He goes his own way, alone.

He entered the classroom which was already filled with students. He took his seat, packing out his materials for math. Soon, the teacher came in a block of papers in her hands. 

"Great. My math exam. Something else coming to worsen my day?"  Hyunjin  laid his head down on the table.

The bell rang and the class started.

"Okay, so... as some of you already know...we've got a new student here. I mean, someone who transferred from another class to ours. May you introduce yourself?" said Mrs. Jung.

A boy with brown hair came to the front, a small smile playing on his lips. He was holding a few books in his arms, looking nervous.

"H-hi I'm Kim Seungmin and i transferred f-from the parallel class to this one...I-it's nice to meet you"  he stuttered, eyes fixed on the ground.

"Well, it's nice to meet you too and to have you here!  You don't have a seat right? Let me see....oh! The one next to Hyunjin is free. You can take a seat there..." Mrs. Jung pointed out the seat to Seungmin who approached it slowly. Hyunjin shot his head up. Their eyes met for a second but Hyunjin only rolled them, looking away.

"Now, let's start with..."

The teacher explained a new topic to them and after she gave them exercises, Hyunjin couldn't help but feel bored. He flicked the pen with his fingers around as he stared holes in the air. 

"U-um...do you n-need help?" asked Seungmin.

"No, definitely not from you" 

"O-oh...okay...b-but...if you need help-"

"Not.interested. Just drop it!" snapped Hyunjin as he started to draw things on his work sheet.

"I...I'm sorry...do you have-"

"Goodness! Just stop talking!"

"Are there any problems Mr.Hwang?" interfered Mrs.Jung and gave Hyunjin strict look.

"No."

"Fine, then would you please keep on working?"

"Whatever."

The class ended with a lot of homework. Hyunjin was in a bad mood. Of course, he had failed his math exam. He left the classroom to get to his next class.

"Hyunjin!" called a familiar voice. Seungmin ran towards Hyunjin. he really wanted to get to know the older.

The latter started to walk faster, not wanting to be seen with the other boy. As the younger caught up and grabbed Hyunjins wrist to stop him from almost running, he was  being pushed. His body hit the ground and a few books fell out of his hands, dropping on the floor.

Hyunjin stopped walking, looking at seungmin who sat up.

"Stop talking to me and don't follow me. Okay? Just leave me alone for goodness sake!"

Then he turned around and hurried away. Seungmin sat there in silence, picking up his books. His eyes had teared up a bit but not a lot. 

"At least he's talking to me..."

 ✨a/n:✨

That was the first chapter. Hope you liked it !

This font represent Hyunjins thoughts.

This font represents Seungmins thoughts.

➢ Mae 💜