A magical night

Começar do início

              ‘Wow,’ Hollie thought when she saw Nat. A weird feeling rushed through her stomach and she shook it off as nerves about seeing Ronan tonight.

              “Let’s go,” Nat said, grabbing her bag and Hollie’s hand. Hand in hand they walked to the fair, where they found the rest of the group already waiting.

              “Hey, you look…wow,” Ronan hugged Hollie as he said it.

              “Thanks,” she smiled a little. “I don’t look as good as Natalie though,” she mumbled.

              “You’re right,” Ronan smirked. “You look better. Do you want to go get some candy floss,” He asked.

              “Sure,” Hollie agreed. “Maybe we should check with the rest first?” She turned around to the group and saw that Nat and Josh were stood very close to each other. Hollie felt a pang of jealousy, even though there was no reason for her to be jealous. “Ronan and I are going to get some candy floss,” Hollie announced.

              “Okay, have fun,” Nat teased. “And don’t stay away too long,” She added with a wink. Holly rolled her eyes and pulled Ronan away.

              “Let’s go,”

Ronan and Hollie wandered around for a little while, eating the candy floss and enjoying each other’s company. Ronan joked a lot, and while he made Hollie laugh, she didn’t feel anything other than friendship. She felt like she was betraying Nat, as Nat had tried so hard to set them up, but Hollie couldn’t help her feelings, or lack thereof.  The thing is, she knew exactly what she should be feeling. And she did feel it, just not for Ronan.

“Are you alright?” Ronan interrupted her train of thought.

“I’m sorry. I’m really enjoying myself but there’s something I need to do,” Hollie pushed the candy floss into Ronan’s hands and ran off, leaving him stood on his own, confused about what he just witnessed.

Hollie ran around the fair, looking for her best friend. She spotted her in line for a rollercoaster. “Nat,” she shouted. “Natalie,” she was breathing heavily when she reached her best friend.

“Hollie, where’s Ronan? Why aren’t you with him?” Nat was just as confused as Ronan had been a minute ago.

“This...is…important,” Hollie breathed heavily.

“Calm down Holls, what’s important?”

“Come with me,” was all Hollie said. Hollie walked off and Natalie couldn’t really do anything but follow her.

They stopped at the Ferris wheel and Hollie purchased two tickets. She dragged Nat into a passenger car.

“Will you please explain what has gotten into you?” Nat practically begged. “I saw you and Ronan a couple of times and you looked really happy, both of you. Don’t tell me he rejected you, he likes you too, just as much as you like him…”

“I don’t… I don’t like him Nat. Not like that anyway. That’s why I needed you. I thought I liked him, but I just see him as a friend. He’s really funny and good looking and nice, but I don’t want to kiss him, “Hollie explained.

The Ferris wheel started moving and soon everyone turned into small dots. “Then why did you tell me you did?” Nat asked.

“Because I was lying to myself. Just then I realised that I do have feelings for someone, I just never listened to them. I think I was scared,” Hollie picked at her nails, a nervous habit. “But I’m not scared anymore,”

“So, who is it? You can’t just tell me that and leave out the most important part,” Nat’s babbling was stopped when she felt two soft lips touch hers ever so slightly. For a second Nat thought she dreamed it, that’s how fast it went by.

“You,” Hollie whispered. “I like, no, I love you,” Hollie looked up at Natalie and saw she was frozen with shock. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said it, I should’ve just gone out with Ronan. I can’t believe I just ruined…”

Hollie was stopped by Nat’s warm lips crashing against hers. In that moment time stopped and fireworks went off.  Nat leaned her forehead against Hollie’s and whispered “I love you too, Holls. I have done since you defended me when people started spreading rumours about me being pregnant,” Hollie cracked a small smile at the memory. “I never told you because I was scared it would ruin everything. That’s why I set you up with Ronan, I thought if you were taken maybe I would get over you,”

“It’s okay Nat, it all worked out perfectly,” Hollie whispered and they kissed a third time at the top of the Ferris wheel.