Episode 2: Trick or Treat, Freak

Start from the beginning

"Really?" Will asks with a smile, knowing that it will be fun with me around to not boss him around.

"Yes, really. Just as long as you stay in the neighborhood. I'm talking to you too Y/n. Don't do anything crazy." Jonathan says as he looks between me and Will.

"Awe. Little brother trying to boss around his big sister." I say teasingly.

"Seriously." Jonathan says and I roll my eyes.

"Fine." I say with a smile and get out.

"Don't forget the camera!" Jonathan hands the camera to me. "And be back at Mike's by 9:00!"

"Thanks, Jonathan." Will smiles at his big brother and Jonathan smiles back.

"You ready?" I ask a Will and he nods excitedly as we approach his friends. "You wanna film? The camera is too heavy for my flimsy girl arms." Will laughs and nods.

"Will!" His friends call and they talk as I look back at Jonathan.

'Have fun.' I mouth to him and he smiles and nods before driving away.

"Hey, Y/n!" The boys call, getting my attention again.

"Hey!" I smile at them. The boys always came to me if they needed anything or anyone for their D&D campaigns. Let's just say, out of any of their sisters, I was the favorite. They've told me countless times. No matter how old I was, I would always help them out, even for the most childish things. "You ready?" I ask

"Yeah!" They all shout in excitement and we get moving on to house to house.

After a bit, the sun has gone down and the boys come back from a house.

Lucas sighs. "If I get another 3 Musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself."

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Dustin asks.

"I know. They're great. What do you mean?" I say.

"'What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?'" Lucas repeats with sarcasm.

"No one likes 3 Musketeers." Mike says.

"Yeah, it's just nougat." Will says.

"Whoa. 'Just nougat'? Just nougat? It is the top three for me." Dustin says

"Top three?" Lucas asks.

"Top three!" Dustin affirms as I chuckle at their bickering.

"Oh, God give me a break." Mike rolls his eyes.

"Seriously, I can just eat a while bowl of nougat. Straight up." Dustin says before some girl with a Micheal Myers mask jumps out and scares the boys and I just laugh at their reactions.

The girl laughs and takes the mask off. "Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your faces."

I laugh with her. "I like her."

She turns and walks off while the boys just stand there. Mike looks slightly annoyed.

She turns back around. "Hey, you guys coming or not? Oh, I heard we should hit up Loch Nora. That's where the rich people live, right?" She chuckles before walking again.

Lucas and Dustin both squeal like schoolboys in love before they start walking with her. Mike stays behind and I look back at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He sighs. "It's nothing." He shakes his head before we start walking again.

We go to the rich neighborhood and they start getting some good candy.

I jog over to Will. "Hey, you got any Snickers?" I ask him.

He smiles and looks in his bag. "Yeah, here."

I take the candy and unwrap it. "Sweet! Thanks."

Will starts filming with the camera. I get distracted by a wrapper on the floor I pick it up and put it in my pocket, not wanting to leave litter in a neighborhood that I don't even live in.

When I look back up, I see the boys nowhere in sight. I see the camera and Will's bag of candy on the floor and run to pick it up. Will wouldn't have just left them here. Something must have happened.

"Oh, God. Oh, God. Will!" I call as my hands start shaking. "Will! Where'd you go!"

"He's over here!" I hear the girl that I now know as Max call. I run over to them and down some steps to see Will on the ground with Mike.

"Will. Will, are you okay?" I ask shakily. "Was it another episode?" I whisper and he nods shakily as he looks around in fear. "It's okay. It's okay." I pull him into a protective hug as I hold him tight and he whispers in fear and shock. "I'm right here. We're right here." His shaking slows a bit and I get him to stand.

"I'll go with them." Mike says.

"Mike." Dustin murmurs in distain.

"Keep trick-or-treating. I'm bored anyways." Mike says as I lead Will up the steps.

We walk back to Mike's house and eat a bunch of candy in his basement where they play D&D. Will starts talking about the flashbacks.

"It's like... like I'm stuck."

"Like, stuck in the Upside Down?" Mike asks.

"No." Will sighs. "You know on a View-Master, when it gets, like..."

"Caught between two slides?" I ask.

"Yeah. Like that. Like one slide's our world, and the other... the other slide is the Upside Down." Will gestures. "And... and there was this noise coming from everywhere. And then I saw something."

"The Demogorgon?" Mike asks softly.

"No. It was like this huge shadow in the sky. Only,nit was alive. And it was coming for me." Will's hands start shaking and I grab one of them to calm him down.

"Is this all real?" Mike asks. "Or is it like the doctors say, all in your head?"

"I don't know. Just... just please don't tell the others and please don't tell Mom, okay?" Will says as he looks between Mike and I.

"Why? I think Mom needs to know this kind of stuff, Will." I say.

"Please. She- they won't understand. Nobody will." Will begs.

I sigh. "Okay... okay. I won't tell, but only if you promise me something." I say and Will nods. "You have to tell Mom soon. If it gets really bad, you have to tell her or I'll tell her myself, okay?" Will nods again.

"Eleven would understand." Mike says.

"She would?" Will asks as we both turn to him.

"Yeah." He smiles slightly. "She always did. Sometimes I feel like I can still see her. Like she's still around, but she never is." Mike shakes his head. "I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy."

I shake my head. "Mike, you aren't going crazy. I'm sure Eleven is fine. I can feel it and I have really strong instincts. I felt this way when Will was missing and now I'm feeling the same way with Eleven. I'm sure she's okay. You'll see her again. You just have to be patient." Mike smiles and nods. You can practically see the hope being restored in his eyes. "Now you guys wanna eat some candy, or what?" They both smile and nod and we start chowing down again.

*1716 words