The Thief of Dreams

"Man, you're so boring to play with!" I slowly let my Dream Eater continue digging into his chest and his HP bar starts turning yellow to red.

"P-Please, I-I b-beg you! S-Sto---" the man pleaded under my feet.

"Tsk, begone!" I use my skill Dream Stealer to take away his dreams and soul which also killed him.

Living in this world is fun but the players here are SO boring! *Sighs* If only you were still here, Rika...

I then took a walk under the light of the full moon. The streets were silent and no man dares to come out. Oh, when did this started again?

~Flashback, 2 years ago~

Kayaba Akihiko.

Created this virtual world.

A world that we can, freely, use our own bodies to move our avatars.

But now...

He's wasting it!

The crowds roared after he left.

Why did you make this world when it can destroy someone's life!?

I'm a Beta Tester and I have a friend who isn't. Her name was Rika Aragaki but her username is her first name. We both decided to head to the next town before everyone else.

Yes, we accepted the quest to finish the game! We ran and ran and reached the village.

The next day, in the evening...

Rika and I decided to go get something to eat. The night of the full moon was silent. We walked and walked until we ran into 2 drunken men. They both spoke but we didn't understand them. We decided to leave them but one of them grabs Rika's arm.

"Hey, let go!" Rika commanded.

"*Hiccups* W-Why don't you play with us for a while~" he then grabs a knife from his pocket while the other one stops me from trying to stop him!

"LET HER GO!!!!" I screamed, begging him to stop but the other guy starts licking my neck and touches my lower private part!

I tried to release myself but cannot! Then suddenly, the man with the knife starts to dive his knife into Rika's chest! She screams and her HP bar starts to turn yellow then quickly turns red! She screams and I try again but his grip was tight! Rika's starting to die!

I struggled and struggled!

But I was too late...

Rika turned into millions of pieces when the man pulled out his knife. I fell on my knees and 2 men approach me. Tears were falling and they were laughing. Then suddenly, my rage took over and a weapon appeared on my hand. I grabbed it and stabbed it to the man who killed Rika.

Then I continuously and brutally stabbed him until he, too, died. The other guy went running but I caught him and smiled at him.

"Sayonara~" I said and he screamed.

~Back to the present~

That day was the day I unlocked my weapon, Dream Eater. It has the power to eat someone's dreams using the skill, Dream Stealer, but it also can steal someone's soul.

A drunken man approaches me, holding a bottle. I smiled then I pulled out Dream Eater. The man was confused.

"Sayonara~" I said and slashed it to him. He screamed before it hit him and I was still smiling.

Then, I left the area, heading to the next town.