Chapter 15: Confusion

Start from the beginning

"Don't lie to me. Now come here." I knew that if I hugged her, I'm going to have to tell her everything, but I really need someone to talk to and my mom has got to be one of the best choices. I ran into her arms and she welcomes me with a warm embrace; it was just everything I needed. Her perfume scent was so strong but I didn't mind because she smelled good; I can be in her arms all day if I had to.  

"Now tell me what happened." She released me from her arms. I pouted. I didn't want her to let go; it felt good to have someone comfort me. 

"Do I have to?" I whined and she nodded her head. I glanced at the stairs. Maybe I can escape, but last time I did that I got into even more trouble. I shivered. The memory just scares me. I sighed. I guess I should just tell her.  

"Fine, but can we sit down first? I did a lot of running today and my legs are tired." I asked her and she giggles.  

"Emily, you never change."  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

                       Here we are, in my bedroom, having one of those 'mother and daughter' discussions. I hate it  even more then having them with my friends; at least they know what its like. I snuggled into my pillow case; just talking about it makes my heart ache even more.  

"Emily. Why did you kept this from me?" she asks in concern. Her expression was grim. I didn't know what to say. What? That I didn't want to have one of these "talks" with her? That would break her heart into pieces.  

"Um. To be honest mom, I didn't know how to come to you about it." I muttered. I wasn't completely lying, so that's okay right? She nodded her head. 

"So is that girl his girlfriend?" She asks me. I wasn't too sure myself. He kept saying she wasn't but in the picture his arms were around her. Like people said: Pictures are worth a thousand words.  

"I don't know, mom. He said that she wasn't but in the picture he had his arms around her." I hesitated and she bits her lower lip. I guess I got that habit from her and look where that habit got me into. I shake my head. I hope his finger is okay... I wonder if he can still play basketball like that... If he can't then I'm willing to die for him.  Not literally, just a figure of speech. 

"Honey, maybe they are just friends." she placed her arms around me. Wow, how ironic.  

"But friends don't pu-" She shushed me.  

"I know. I know, but you won't be sure until you talk to him about it." She said. I admit, I never gave him the chance to explain, but why does it matter? Its none of my business and I didn't even wanted to talk about it; he pushed me into it, 

"So you want me to talk to him?!" She nodded. If you haven't notice, I don't like talking about my feelings. It just gets all mushy and it annoys me so much.  

"From the looks of it, I think Jayden likes you." She smiled and squeezed my arm. What? What is she talking about?! There's no way that he likes me; we're friends and just friends. How many times do I have to say that?