Chapter Five: In The Dark of the Night

Start from the beginning

"I'm not surprised because I saw her. Anastasia..." Bartok spoke up.

"Anastasia?! Alive?!!" Rasputin asked in shock, his mouth falling off and ending up down on his beard. "That Romanov brat!"

"Yeah, ain't that a kick in the head. I guess a curse just ain't what it used to be, huh sir?" Bartok asked, putting Rasputin's mouth back on where it was.

Rasputin, in a rage, gripped Bartok in one fist. He doesn't even know he's holding the bat as he squeezes for emphasis. "That's why I'm stuck here in limbo! My curse is UNFULFILLED!!" Rasputin snarled. He flung his hand out, when it suddenly disconnected from his arm, slammed against the wall, and Bartok smashed into it, as they hit the floor.

Rasputin stopped, once realising his hand was gone. He gasped, gripping onto his handless arm, then he collapsed onto the nearby pedestal, filled with self pity, as Bartok picked up his hand. "~Look at me...I'm falling apart~... I'M A WRECK!!" Rasputin lies on his back.

"Actually, considering how long you've been dead, you look pretty good." Bartok reasoned back. Rasputin didn't hear him. "Sir, you do, you do." He persuaded to his master.

"Really?" Rasputin asked, flattered by the albino bat.

"Sir, is this the face of a bat who would lie to you?" Bartok pulled a smiling face. "Come on! For a minute there, you had your old spark back."

"If only I hadn't lost the gift from the dark forces, the key to my powers." Rasputin snarled, while gripping his handless arm.

Bartok then picked up the Reliquary. "What? You mean this Reliquary?" He asked.

Rasputin's eyes widened in shock and amaze of seeing the old and ominous reliquary now before him after all these years when he lost it. "Where did you get that?" He asked in amaze to the albino bat.

"Oh, I found it-" Bartok began.

"GIVE IT TO ME!!" Rasputin then grabbed his reliquary, nearly taking off Bartok's head in the process.

"Alright, alright. Don't get so grabby." Bartok said, as Rasputin picked up his hand.

Rasputin puts his hand back on. "My old friend, together again." He grabbed the reliquary, and held it close, laughing evilly and sinisterly. "Ah, ha, ha." Then, he stood up, as the wind suddenly started to whip around him. "Now, my dark purpose will be fulfilled, and the last of the Romanovs will DIE!!!"

Suddenly, green lightning struck the head of the reliquary, and as Rasputin sang, bugs and other creatures began to sing too

(RASPUTIN)
In the dark of the night, I was tossing and turning
And the nightmare I had was as bad as can be
It scared me out of my wits -- A corpse falling to bits!
Then I opened my eyes and the nightmare was me!!!

I was once the most mystical man in all Russia (Ooh, wah, ooh!)
When the Royals betrayed me, they made a mistake (Ooh, wah, ooh!)
My curse made each of them pay
But one little girl got away
Little Anya, beware, Rasputin's awake

(CREATURES)
In the dark of the night, evil will find her
In the dark of the night, just before dawn...
(RASPUTIN) Revenge will be sweet
(ALL) When the curse is complete
(CREATURES) In the dark of the night
(RASPUTIN) She'll be GONE!!!

(RASPUTIN) I can feel that my powers are slowly returning
Tie my sash and a dash of cologne for that smell
As the pieces fall into place
I'll see her crawl into place
Dasvidanya, Anya, your grace, farewell...

(CREATURES) In the dark of the night, terror will strike her
(RASPUTIN) Terror's the least I can do
(CREATURES) In the dark of the night, evil will brew
(RASPUTIN) Soon she will feel that her nightmares are real
(ALL) In the dark of the night
(RASPUTIN) She'll be through!!

(CREATURES) In the dark of the night, evil will find her... (Find her)
In the dark of the night, terror comes true... (Doom her)
(RASPUTIN) My dear, here's a sign
(CREATURES) It's the end of the line
(ALL) In the dark of the night,
In the dark of the night...

Rasputin placed the reliquary onto the top of a snake-shaped stand in the middle of the room, while the bugs surrounded it. Then, the reliquary glows in an ominous green glow, as demons flew out of the skull's mouth, soaring up higher into the cavernous room.

(RASPUTIN) Come, my minions, rise for your master
Let your evil shine
(CREATURES) In the dark of the night
In the dark of the night
(RASPUTIN) Find her now
Yes, fly ever faster
(CREATURES) In the dark of the night, In the dark of the night, In the dark of the night,
(RASPUTIN) SHE'LL BE MINE!!!

And finally, with a dark and evil echoing cackle of Rasputin's voice, the demonic demons flew up from the underworld, heading straight towards the surface, with only one objective sent by their master...

... To kill the last Romanov: Anastasia.