He Fu Er saw his master's expression wasn't well and hurriedly indicated for the people behind him to collect Qin Bai Lu's body, "Wang ye, the sun is fierce right now. Let's return to the fu."

He Yuan raised an eyebrow at him: "Let's go."

He Fu Er rushed up to take hold of the reins, guiding the horse in the direction of the jun wang fu. When he was going to turn around a corner, he couldn't resist turning back to look at the executioner's platform that was now cleared of the crowd. A person executed at noon. After being shone at by such a strong sun, even the soul might have disappeared.

But attempting to kill the Empress, she really had courage. No wonder the Emperor would give out such a decree. She really did it to herself. It was lucky that wang ye had divorced her a long time ago. Otherwise, even the jun wang fu would have been affected by her.

Dai Rong didn't dare to go to the place where Qin Bai Lu had been executed. Hearing that Qin Bai Lu's corpse had been collected by people from Rui Jun Wang Fu, she sat restlessly in her room. If someone walked outside her room, she became so scared that she would tremble.

The Emperor would even order to execute a daughter of a noble family like Qin Bai Lu. If he found evidence of her participating in the rumors, what would be her outcome, and would the country of Jing also be involved?

She now regretted working together with Qin Bai Lu. How dumb was she to believe the words of a woman who had been divorced by the Imperial House?

After taking a drink of cold tea to suppress the terror in her heart, as the teacup left her lips, Dai Rong saw her maid push open the door and come in with a face full of panic to report: "Princess, His Majesty the Emperor of Da Long summons you and Crown Prince."

The teacup in her hand dropped to the floor. Dai Rong stood up in fright. Through the doorway, she could see a taijian of Da Long standing outside. She staggered and forced out a smile: "Wait for me to change…"

"Please, Princess, don't waste time. Emperor and Empress are both very busy. Princess should hurry to enter the palace." Qian Chang Xin walked inside, his face expressionless as he whipped the duster in his hand, "Princess, please."

Dai Rong recognized him as the personal taijian of the Emperor of Da Long and didn't dare to offend him. She forced a smile and followed Qian Chang Xin out of the room. When she went outside, she saw Tu Er was also wearing his normal clothes, his expression unwell.

"Crown Prince, Princess, please," Qian Chang Xin raised an eyebrow, "Don't make the Emperor wait."

Seeing Qian Chang Xin's attitude, the uneasiness Dai Rong had inside grew even more until she couldn't seem to breathe.

When they had entered the Imperial Palace and they followed Qian Chang Xin and the others into Tian Qi Palace, Dai Rong could hear the sounds of the Emperor and Empress talking from outside the door. After Qian Chang Xin went in to report, the sounds of conversation stopped. She walked in amidst the cold stares of the palace maids and taijian in the surroundings.

Qu Qing Ju was playing with a kaleidoscope. Seeing Dai Rong and Tu Er enter, she handed to the kaleidoscope to a palace maid and resumed a proper sitting posture. After the two made their greetings, she only drank tea silently, allowing He Heng to converse with the two of them.

"Zhen heard that Hu Guo Princess was very close to Qin shi, what does Princess have to say?" He Heng looked coldly at Tu Er and Da Long. Just one sentence was enough to frighten the two into kneeling on the ground. He looked at the two people kneeling in front of him, his expression still ugly, "In the past, the country of Jing was one of the subordinate countries that Da Long put importance on, but your conduct has made zhen extremely disappointed."