"Why is it like this?" Shu guifei's voice got louder, and became rather piercing, "The Emperor was fine yesterday, how could his pulse be weak?!" She started to cry mournfully, occasionally calling for His Majesty.

Jing guifei wasn't like Shu guifei but the rims of her eyes reddened and tears silently ran down. A short while later, the handkerchief in her hand was sodden from her tears. But she didn't notice it. She only stood by the dragon bed as she cried silently.

Qing De Emperor seemed to hear a piercing voice which made his head hurt. When he managed to open his eyes, he saw a woman dressed in peach red kneeling in front of him. When he focused, he saw Shu guifei's tearful face show happiness. His heart moved and when he opened his mouth to speak, he saw Jing guifeistanding at the end of the bed. Her swollen eyes were centered on his body. Even though she didn't say anything, he could feel her worry and concern for him and the joy when she saw him awaken.

He wanted to sit up and say that he was fine but found his body was paralyzed. He wanted to say a few words, but found it difficult to even breathe. He moved his eyes and saw the woman dressed impeccably by his side, and the woman standing by the bed whose attire was dishevelled and her hair not even properly made up. A long time later, he closed his eyes and found strength deep inside his body to order: "Summon the Chief Justice Tian Jin Ke, Minister of Revenue Luo Chang Qing, Prime Minister Wei Wen Guang, Minister of Rites Zhang Yu Cheng, Commander of the Imperial Guard Sun Zhang You."

After just a short sentence, Qing De Emperor was gasping for breath. Shu guifei, kneeling in front of him, felt her hands become cold. Her intuition told her that this man who had favoured her for more than twenty years was most likely going to leave her. She was sad inside, but she felt even more frantic. Did this man remember the promise he had made, that he would leave the throne to Yuan'er?

"Emperor, look at Yuan'er, he came to see you," Shu guifei stood to pull He Yuan next to the bed and said frantically, "Did you forget that you once said you wished to climb mountains with Yuan'er and ride horses. You haven't done those things yet. After you recover, you'll have to fulfill your promises."

Qing De Emperor looked at his most favored third son. He had changed this child's diapers, washed his feet, carried him on his back to play on the bed. He had watched this child grow up, bit by bit, to become a handsome youth.

"Fuhuang," He Yuan knelt of Qing De Emperor's bed, his eyes red as he pled, "Er chen remembers every word you said. Please recover quickly."

Yes, at that time he had said many things, even promising that his third son will be the next Emperor. But after all these years, he hadn't installed him as Crown Prince. His third son's personality was too arrogant. He had always been waiting for him to mature. But now, he didn't have the strength to keep waiting.

His blurry gaze passed He Yuan's shoulders to see the second son standing a few steps away. This was the child that Wei shi gave birth to for him. He remembered his schooling was good, his protocol was good and he was filial. He had bestowed many things to this son but he couldn't remember anything else.

When this child was small, he must also have been white and plump. He remembered when Wei shi had carried him and he reached out to call him fuhuang.

The children had grown up, but he was old.

"Emperor, the daren have all arrived." The chief taijian reported in a small voice.

"Summon," Qing De Emperor moved his eyes away and said weakly.

When Tian Jin Ke and the others entered the hall, they detected that something wasn't right. When they saw the Emperor's rosy face, their hearts jumped and they quickly knelt down, "This official greets Emperor, greets Empress."