A whole meal ended in contentedness. The four admired the moon for a while as they digested before returning their rooms.

He Heng naturally accompanied Qu Qing Ju in playing a weiqi game before gathering up the beauty into their warm den. A round of physical pleasure later, the two contentedly fell asleep.

In the guest room, Luo Wen Yao took down her adornments and laid with He Ming together on the bed. She hesitated for a long time before inquiring: "Wang ye, does er be want to win you over?"

"Silly Wen Yao, er ge has no need to win me over," He Ming leaned back on the headboard, gathering the other in his embrace, "What I have, er ge also has. What I don't have, er ge still has. If I had not married you, er ge might not have been willing to help me."

Luo Wen Yao stilled. She suddenly thought about her second aunt in Xiang Qing Hou Fu and Duan wang feiwho was very close to second aunt. Instantly, she understood. She hugged He Ming in sympathy, comforting in a small voice: "That's because wang ye is capable so er bewants to help you. Otherwise, it doesn't matter who you married. It still wouldn't work out."

He Ming smiled as he patted her back, his laughter filling the entire room.

Because of Qing De Emperor's serious illness, the people of Jing City were extremely anxious. However, after a few days, the Emperor started to take a good turn and could even continue to attend court. Those whose intentions had risen settled down.

Soon afterwards, the imperial censor wrote a complaint against Chang De Gong Fu. He detailed the scandals of Chang De Gong Fu, such as allowing servants to victimize others, putting out loans, buying the common people's land at low prices by using their positions. He also mentioned that sixteen years ago when the diwife of the Duke of Chang De had just passed away, he immediately married a new wife which was a dishonorable thing. He even allowed the new Duchess of Chang De, Liang shi, to cheat others by using the position of the Duke and abused the original wife's daughter as well as the shudaughters.

Instantly, the court erupted. They had heard what happened with Chang De Gong Fu before but no one could spare the attention to take care of it. But now that someone had censured them, naturally all these matters became unpardonable crimes. Even more so, there was no one in Jing who didn't know that Duan Wang was very much in love with his wife. What Chang De Gong Fu had done, wouldn't that Duan Wang unhappy?

Of course, there were those who looked at Rui Wang. Liang shi's daughter was Rui Wang's qie. If Rui Wang had any intentions of protecting them, it wouldn't be wise for them to throw stones while the other was down. After they watched for a few days, they found that Rui Wang showed no reaction to the matter. Then everyone understood. Rui Wang didn't have any desire to look after the matters of a qie's paternal family.

Since Rui Wang wasn't going to act, and Duan Wang didn't have any good feelings towards Chang De Gong Fu, the hearts of the court officials were like a mirror. Within a few short days, the memorandums that censured Chang De Gong Fu fell like snowflakes in front of the Emperor. Numerous minor and major matters were revealed. Instantly, Chang De Gong Fu became the mouse that everyone was yelling to kill, as if one look at them would dirty their eyes.

When Qu Qing Ju heard that Chang De Gong Fu was being censured, it was the third day since the matter had started. After she'd finished listening to Jin Zhan's report, she paused for a beat before inquiring: "Is there no one asking for mercy on behalf of Chang De Gong Fu in court?"

Jin Zhan shook her head. She took a look at wang fei's face and found that wang fei didn't seem to be worried at all for Chang De Gong Fu before continuing: "Nubi heard that many are censuring the Duke and the Liang Family. The Emperor is very angry about the matter."