Chapter 2: The Test

"Welcome to Ravenwood!" A man dressed in great purple robes greets Pat and Taryn as they finally reach the great oak doors. He soon recognizes Patrick, and a huge smile grows on the old man's face.
"Young Wizard! You've returned!" He yells excitedly, causing Patrick to laugh of embarrassment.
"Yeah, I'm bringing my sister here for her orientation, Headmaster Ambrose," Pat quickly explains, smiling over at his sister, who was busy looking all around her.
"Ah! A new student! Well then we have to get you enrolled!" Ambrose exclaims excitedly, catching Taryn's attention. "Well come on in, you two, and we'll get you situated," Ambrose states, opening the doors and leading the siblings inside.
Taryn sits at a small desk beside what looked like the Headmaster's desk. Ambrose hands her a sheet of paper that looked like a test and a quill.
"Patrick, would you like to explain this to your sister for me while I get her enrollment papers organized?" Ambrose asks Pat, who had been looking at the artwork on the walls.
"Sure thing Headmaster," he answers, and makes his way over to his sister. "Alright Taryn, this test will determine what school of Wizard you will become. Just take your time and in the end, I'm sure the school you get will be perfect for you, alright?" He explains, giving his sister a light pat on the back as she begins her test.

"When I compete, my goal is to win..."
X ..a trophy for my team
..a medal for myself
"Which of these is the most powerful?"
Sandstorm
Volcano
X Blizzard
Earthquake
Hurricane
Tornado
Plague
"My favorite class in school is.."
I like them all
Sports
X Health
Science or math
Reading and writing
"What's your favorite time of day?"
X Afternoon
Night
Morning
"The most important thing in a story is.."
X ..all characters
..hero or heroine
"What's your favorite animal?"
Shark
X Polar bear
Dragon
Serpent
Bat
Unicorn
Crab
"What's your favorite gemstone?"
X Sapphire
Citrine
Jade

Once Taryn finished her test, she handed it to the headmaster who looked over her answers and conferred with Patrick. Ambrose looked over at her excitedly. "We've got a Thaumaturge!" He shouts, smiling and laughing.
Taryn looked at both of them confused. "What's a Thaumaturge?" She asked.
"A Thaumaturge is an ice wizard. Ice wizards are typically strong, loyal, courageous and honest. Famous Thaumaturges include Winston Churchill, Santa Claus, and Glenda. Ice wizards can take a lot of damage, but are somewhat weaker when attacking," Headmaster Ambrose explains to her. Taryn smiled, knowing that she had always been intrigued by the ice school.
"Well that sounds interesting!" She responds smiling at the Headmaster and her brother. Patrick was a Transcendent Pyromancer, or a fire wizard. He loved learning about fire and how powerful it can be. He thought it'd be interesting to learn more about Ice now that his sister was a Thaumaturge.
"Well. I'd love to get you enrolled young wizard, but I hear there's some trouble down on Unicorn Way that must be attended to before I can enroll anyone new. Would you mind checking in with Private Stillson at the gate and see how you can help?" Headmaster Ambrose asks.
"Sure thing!" Taryn responds excitedly. She grabs her bags and heads out the door without another word.
"Well she's excited," Patrick says dryly but with a smile to Ambrose, who smiles back.
"A lot more excited than you were Patrick," Ambrose says, starting to laugh.
"Yeah because I was serious and had no one to tell me what was going on and what I'd be expecting," Patrick went on, laughing. "Taryn's lucky to have me," he finishes with a smile.
Ambrose looks over at his Transcendent student. "Oh, she certainly is.. Young wizard," he finishes with a wink and a smile and Pat leaves to go catch up with his sister.