Chapter 15: The Demonic Inn(part 2)

Start from the beginning

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Shin laughed out loud pointing his spear to Kazumi.
"Now then brat come at me!"

Kazumi charged at him, he blocked her attacks with his spear. Just as when her blade landed on his spear, she lift herself up bending backwards stepping on his head then landing on the floor to attack him again. Shin blocked her attack from behind. He noticed that he's struggling to fight her as the time pass by, he could feel exhaustion and his muscles slowly numbing.

'This is bad! I'm still not yet done fighting her and yet I already feel exhausted.'
Shin thought as he keep up with her attacks.

Kazumi notice the sound coming from him. She could hear he's slowly getting tired which means, the poison's slowly consuming him. She just kept on attacking Shin, aiming for his vital spots like his neck, chest, abdomen, thighs, back, and head. He kept on blocking her blade with his spear, until she jumped back when he tried to swing the bladed tip to her feet. Shin lifted up his spear and put all his strength into throwing it to her. The spear flew towards her really fast, if she dodged it, it might hit the wall causing the inn to fall and kill the three people downstairs.

"YOU CAN'T DODGE THAT NOW BRAT!!!" Shin shouted with joy plastered on his face, excited to see his enemy get hit by the spear.

As the spear is just inches away from Kazumi's abdomen, she instantly grabbed the higher part of the blade. Spinning around and sent it flying back to Shin's direction. Shin was so surprised he didn't have the time to dodge and so, his neck got hit which cut his head. His head fell down and so did his body. Despite being frustrated and irritated from his defeat, he managed to keep his cool.

"You brat, your poison made me weaker." Shin said glaring at Kazumi.

"Well, that's the purpose of the poison. To make the enemy weaker and kill them." Kazumi answered.
"Seems like you're a bit stupid to notice it just now."

'Damn right, the purpose of poison is to kill. I knew her blade has poison and yet I'm too stupid to let her slash me.'
Shin mentally cursed his self remembering how he got poisoned.

As he slowly disintegrate into ashes, the same thing happened to the blood spilled on Kazumi and around the room. The spear slowly turned into pieces of linens then fell on the floor. As this happened, Kazumi could hear the sound of regret from him. Soon, as Shin's body completely turn into nothingness, he saw two figures in front of him.

Flashback》》》

"Father, the snow's very beautiful today isn't it?" A girl said looking up to her so called father.

"Sister's right." Another girl said standing at the other side of the man.

The two girls have the same brown hair tied into twin braids, blue eyes, and both wearing a plain pink kimono with a white obi.

"Yuno. Yuna." The man said with his tears slowly falling down while looking at his daughters.

From his white hair, it turned into black. And from his yellow-green eyes, it turned into blue ones. He instantly knelt on their level and hugged the two.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry, father can't protect you two! I'm sorry!" He kept on apologizing as he hug the two girls while tears stream down his face.

"It's alright father, it's not your fault." Yuna said looking at his father.

"Sister's right, we're happy that the three of us are still together in the end." Yuno said looking at his father too.

"Yes. Yes." The only reply the man could say to his daughters.

As the three continued to hug each other, the snow slowly turned into fire consuming the three of them.

Flashback Ends《《《《

"May you rest in peace, Shin-san." Kazumi said with a slight bow.

The door downstairs surprisingly opened as the three people quickly went outside. The inn started shaking and the floors started cracking, the inn's slowly falling down now. From the window, she managed to see that everyone's outside now and so, she just jumped from the window and landed firmly on the ground. Instead of the woods falling down, the whole inn turned into silk linens and fell on the ground. Nothing's left but a huge pile of silk linens on the spot where the inn's supposedly standing.

She just left the the place without anyone noticing it. But before leaving, she went to the lady's house, whom she saved before going to the inn, for the last time to leave something. She left a letter for the couple for them to read tomorrow.

"Taro." Kazumi called looking up.

Her crow landed on her right hand. Taro, the crow given to Kazumi, has a red ribbon with a bell tied around his neck given by her. He's really obedient to his Master, he loves her attention. He would sometimes envy Take, the owl, since he's pretty close to Kazumi too, since Take's the first bird Kazumi had before him.

"Lead the way to my next mission." Kazumi ordered.

"Yes Kazumi-sama, this way." Taro flew up to lead the way to their next destination.