As the storm died down

Mafuyu was blacked out for quite a while, his breathing semi shallow and his face growing paler by the minute. The pain was unbearable.. and the blood loss was pretty bad as well...

But after about an hour, he started coming back to his senses, adjusting his position in the bed and gasping from the pain it caused. "N...no... don't.. go..." He mustered up the strength to mumble that weakly just as he saw Uenoyama walking out the door of the bedroom.

"H-huh?! Oh... You're awake.... how are you feeling??" Uenoyama rushed back over to the bed and grabbed Mafuyu's blood stained hand, squeezing it tightly. He was so concerned... and he knew it was all his fault.... why did he have to get so angry?! Why did he have to throw things like a child having a temper tantrum?! He sighed and used his thumb to rub Sato's knuckles.

"Not good.... It... really hurts..." his thoughts were getting jumbled in his head. Like there were too many for him to process. He looked up at Ritsuka and then stared at a wall. "We need... a doctor... I can't.. can't heal on my own...." He knew that's what was best. A doctor would definitely be the best option right now. He remembered how difficult it had been to heal some of the times his father had beaten him. The scars he had were faded and practically invisible, but that didn't mean the injury had been any less severe "Call... an ambulance..... now... I don't feel.... right..." He groaned and was so weak that he couldn't even move. The bandages on his head were soaked, and there was still some blood dripping from his head.

Ritsuka nodded and quickly grabbed his phone while not letting go of his lover's hand. He called an ambulance and it got there soon after, picking up Mafuyu and letting Uenoyama ride in there with him.

~~~~~ |Time skip| ~~~~~

Mafuyu spent a few days in the hospital, recovering quite quickly. But when it was time for him to leave, he wasn't exactly fully healed. He had been given lots of fluids to make up for the blood loss, glued the wound, and did an xray to make sure there was no damage to the skull, but that didn't mean he was just going to magically heal. Though, physical wounds tend to heal faster than emotional ones.

The day he got home was very confusing to him. He was quite dizzy, and his thoughts were very fuzzy. It was mostly because of what the doctors had given him for the pain.

He was able to head home very early one morning. The sun had barely risen. Luckily, his mom was kind enough to let Ritsuka join them, even if he was the cause of the injury. Sato fell asleep in the car, and when they parked in the driveway of his house, Uenoyama gently shook him awake and helped him walk inside.

"I'm so sorry..." the boy with the dark hair muttered. "I didn't mean to... I swear..."

"Don't worry about it... it's.. fine.." Mafuyu gave him a weak smile as Uenoyama helped him into bed. "I know you didn't mean it... just... be more careful next time... please... are you mad..?" The poor boy was too forgiving. Ritsuka had almost killed him yet he still forgave him.

"No.. of course not... I think.. I overreacted.. I was wrong... I was wrong about a lot of things..."

That was a relief. At least there would be no more fighting. Or so he thought. The sun was peaking through grey clouds, and the snow had stopped. Finally. Maybe it would warm up a bit. "Come here.." Sato mumbled and moved over on the bed, wanting to snuggle with his boyfriend. "Get in bed.."

Without much hesitation, Uenoyama joined Mafuyu in bed, threading his fingers carefully through the orange-ish brown hair of his lover. "You seem tired... and I had to wake you up in the car... so maybe take a nap?"

Sato nodded at that, nuzzling into Ritsuka softly. "Yeah.."

A/N
Sorry that this part is shorter than the rest. And I'm sorry about the huge timeskip... hospitals are a very touchy subject for me and I don't like writing or reading about them.. I hope you all understand haha.. If it wasn't gonna make me upset then I would have written about it..