~21~ Shaken up stargazing

Start bij het begin

"Your highness, may I ask what you are doing?"

"Stargazing." I respond in a breath, "My mother always told me that if you ever felt lost in life - stuck or confused, that you should look up, watch the stars. Tell the stars your problems, talk to them, even if it's just about your day." A soft chuckle leaves my lips, my eyes shifting to the many diamonds flickering across the sky. "Whenever I would ask her why she would always tell me it's because they're great listeners. That you could tell stars anything and they'd just listen - for as long as you needed them to...well, at least until they hid away behind the sun."
I slowly pat the ground next to me, motioning for the male to come closer. "Will you join me? Please."

After a moment Sean smiles softly in a sense of relaxation, walking closer before he sits next to me - and his hand removes his hat, placing it next to him before he lays on his back with a sigh.

I take a small breath, placing my hand back on my abdomen.
"My grandmother was the same way, said that it was better to talk to the stars then to bottle everything up."

Sean chuckles in a quiet response - the area falling silent before my hand lifts, pointing at the sky glistening above.
"There. Cassiopeia is there." I smile and Sean points.

"That one is Ursa Major. If I remember correctly." He responds and I nod, my eyes gazing in the direction he was pointing.

"Supposedly if you follow the last star on the cup you can find the North Star and Ursa Minor, but that's something I haven't been able to find."

~~~ °•° ~ °•° ~~~

The breeze was cold, grazing each surface like silk sheets over a freshly made bed, and in a way that sent shivers through each blade of grass.

Our attention was held by the sky - each sense cradled with a serene overlay tempting my nerves to sleep along with the almost heard symphony of chirping night birds and the many melodies drifting through my head in melancholic motions coated in the moonlight painting each surface under its watchful eye. 

Everything was peaceful, still in somber memories - soon joined by the rhythmic clicking of approaching polished shoes on stone. The steps held purpose, poise - a grace only known to me as belonging to one man.

"And what are you two up to?" The velvet tone of the royal chimes.

My gaze remains still - the soldier next to me moving to sit up before he stands and fixes his jacket.

"Stargazing." I respond in a soft tone, and after a moment I prop myself up on my elbows. "You're free to join, if you don't mind laying on the ground, your- ...George."

The male in question smiles at my correction. "I'd love to, my dear, but if we don't go now dinner is going to get cold."

"Dinner..." a nervousness waited in my voice and I bite my cheek - not really up for the male's company at the moment. "Are you certain- even just for a moment?"

"Some other time, I'll be sure to. At the moment however, we have other matters to attend to. Now come, you didn't eat much during tea this afternoon so I have to make sure you eat tonight." He smiles once more, holding out his hand towards me and as my eyes study the fabric of the white shirt cuff falling over his palm, I found myself with a lack of options - my hand taking his with hesitancy. His grasp then tightens as he pulls me up, and I place my hand on his chest as I catch my footing.

"Sean won't get in trouble, will he?" I ask suddenly, pulling my hand to my side and the blue eyed male raises a brow.

"Whatever for, my dear?"