Chapter 1: After Disaster

The day in Primp Town was normal. Recess was in session, and Amitie was playing hide and seek with her friend in their favorite forest. She was seeking, and had already found Lidelle, Raffina, and Klug. However, she was still looking for Sig. "Oh Siiiiiig!" she called, "Where are youuuuu?" Just then, she heard multiple bugs buzzing from within one of the bushes. She dug through it and found Sig, hiding and playing with his ladybug. "Found you!" she giggled. Sig sighed and revealed himself. "Guess you won, huh?" he muttered. "I certainly did!" she cheered. The two regrouped with the others to announce Amitie's victory. "She always wins when she's the seeker!" whined Klug. Raffina groaned and nodded in agreement, while Lidelle replied "Yeah, but it's still a lot of fun!"

Amitie then declared "I think we still have time for one more game. I say we should let Lidelle seek this time." Lidelle bounced in joy as the others agreed to it. "Great!" Lidelle chirped, "I'll close my eyes, and you can all hide again!" The other four started planning their routes as she slowly put her giant sleeves over her eyes. As she called out "One..." they all dashed off to their spots. She finished the countdown and announced "Ready or not, here I come!" She started rummaging through the nearest bushes, but as she does, something falls in the distance and makes a huge crashing noise, causing the hiders to literally jump out of their hiding spots. Lidelle gasped. She didn't know what just happened, but in a few seconds, she realizes the others had just made themselves open. She quickly ran to each of them in a victory lap and caught all of them. "Yay! I won!" she announced gleefully.

While she was jumping for joy, the others were more concerned about what just happened in the forest. "What was that...?" pondered Raffina. While school was about to start again in only five minutes, they felt that examining the crash was more important. They ran to where they thought they heard it, and as soon as it was found, Amitie gasped in complete and utter shock. It was the Starship Tetra. It had crashed in the middle of the forest. As the crew had far less time to react than they did last time this happened, it was in a much more sorrowful state. All around the debris, the crew members were scattered and unconscious, with the kids assuming at first that they may have been dead. "Tee? Ess?" Amitie whimpered. She walked up slowly to Ess' body to see if she was alright. She grabbed the lass' arm and put her fingers on her wrist to check for a pulse. Surprisingly, Ess woke up immediately and swatted at her arm. "Hey!" she exclaimed, "Don't touch me!"

Amitie jumped back in surprise, but was overjoyed to see she's okay. "Ess!" she gleamed, "I'm so glad you're safe!" Ess' eyesight was still fuzzy from her unconsciousness, but she immediately recognized the voice. "Amitie...?" she wondered, "...No, it can't be. I must be hallucinating!"

"Hallucinating? What makes you think that?"

"What kind of reality would there be where I survive a massive ship crash, to then realize we just so happened to return to this universe again!? Do you really think I'm dumb enough to..."Ess then realized she was talking to what she thought to be a mere hallucination. "Oh, my head..." she moaned, rubbing her aching forehead, "How hard did I fall for this to happen?" Amitie was worried for her. "Ess, please," she reassured, "I'm not a hallucination! I'm real!" Ess shook her head, still refusing to believe her. "Trust me!" she demanded, grabbing her shoulders. Ess disgustedly shouted "I said don't touch me!" as she pushed her aside. But then she realized... Amitie was real. "So... this... isn't some dumb hallucination I made up in my head?" she asked herself, "This is... real?" "Guess so," shrugged Sig.

"...Captain, captain! You gotta see this!"