𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

Start from the beginning

    Kelsey has met Camille a few times before, having worked with her in the past, she's told me about the horror that is working with Camille. She may seem like a nice girl, but when you work with her on set, she's a nightmare. Kelsey's words not mine.

    Everyone turns to the door leading to the backyard, seeing my mom walk in with Camille next to her. I notice Harry's eyes instantly light up at the sight of his girlfriend, and Kelsey notices too because she puts a comforting arm around me, and hands me a champagne flute and I down the content of the glass.

    "Easy there tiger." Kelsey laughs, as she nudges my shoulder, and I laugh with her as well. If there's anyone who could make me feel better, it's Kelsey.

    "Hey." Camille says as she sits next to Harry, placing a kiss on his cheek. She leans forward to greet me and Kelsey, which Kelsey just nods to and I smile.

    Harry puts an arm around Camille's chair, resting it there, while he grabs his champagne flute, sipping its contents. Everyone at this celebration knew that Camille was Harry's real girlfriend, hence why my mom invited her over. There was no need to fake a relationship.

    Harry and Camille slip off into their own world, whispering at each other and giggling, whilst Kelsey just glared at them. Everyone seemed to be in their own worlds to notice. I nudge Kelsey, and her eyes snap back to me, softening her glare and whispers a 'sorry, I couldn't help it.'

    "So, Kenna," Camille starts as she turns to me, Harry turning as well, "How's preparation for the fashion show?"

    Kelsey opened her mouth to speak, but I glared at her, and she shut her mouth, I turn back to Camille and give her a small smile.

    "It's going great actually! I start training with Justin next week, fittings are a month from today. It's really exciting." I gush, the excitement lacing my tone made a flash of jealousy cross Camille's face, but she quickly covers it up with a fake smile.

    "How about you Kelsey?" She turns to Kelsey, a fake smile on her face, knowing they both aren't the biggest fans of each other.

    "Oh, I didn't try this year, wanted to take a break. Plus I think it's Kenna's time to shine this year, don't you think?" Kelsey says with a smirk, knowing what types of buttons to push to rile someone up. Camille's fake smile falters, but she doesn't say anything back.

    "Okay, I think that's enough champagne for you Kelsey." I say, taking the champagne flute from her hands as she pouts. I turn to Harry who had his undivided attention to Camille as she talks about how she's flying back home to Paris and that he should come. My shoulders slump at this, and I turn back to Kelsey, returning her champagne flute and grabbing mine.

    "Cheers!" She yells excitedly and I grin at her, we both chugged the champagne in one go. We were a giggling mess after that. Kelsey and I were in our own world as we kept giggling and laughing at everything and anyone.

    "Hey McGiggles!" Harry says, I turn to him and he has a huge grin on his face. "Listen Kens, we gotta go, I'll text you okay?"

    I nod at him, and he smiles, kissing my cheek, then he proceeds to say goodbye to my parents. Camille approaches me, a friendly smile on her face.

    "It was a beautiful celebration McKenna, thanks for the invite." I was about to respond, but Kelsey beat me to it.

    "Thank her mom Camille, she invited you, not McKenna." Before Kelsey says something inappropriate, I cover her mouth with my hand and smile at Camille.

    "It's fine, sorry for Kelsey, she's bordering on drunk now I believe." To which Camille laughs at and I join in.

    "We should grab some coffee sometime!" She suggests and I nod at her, telling her she could get my number from Harry.