Nen

It's been two months since Fuzan and Izuku met and started their daily meditation. Izuku grew to like his new routine: wake up, get ready for school, finish school, head to the beach, meditate until nightfall, and go home. The meditation didn't change much, only how he thought about life and others around him. He noticed that Bakugou Katsuki's words hurt less and less every day until his teacher started to talk about their future. And, of course, everyone wanted to be a hero, Izuku. Izuku's wall begins to crack, knowing that almost two months ago, he attempted to kill himself. What a foolish decision.

At the beach, Izuku thinks about his future and what he should do as a quirkless. He began to think about why he was here. What is Fuzan trying to teach him? After the end of every day, Izuku has to face something. Fuzan tells him nothing but his name, following an invisible blizzard attacking every pore in his body. The feeling didn't last long, but it stayed with him for a few minutes before returning home.

Today is different from the rest. Izuku got held up at school to finish one of his science reports; the teacher expected too much from Izuku. He runs past a few blocks before receiving a blow to his stomach and making him drop to his knees. Izuku holds his stomach as he forcefully coughs all the air in his lungs. Izuku's eyes climb his attacker's build: dress shoes following dress slacks, a white button-down shirt with sleeves folded upwards along his forearm, and a tie. It was Fuzan.

"Midoriya, how much did that hurt?" he asked.

"Wah-why?" Izuku coughs. Fuzan helps him to his feet and wipes the outline of his foot off of his uniform.

"It's time for you to learn why I had you meditate. Before I tell you we should head to the beach, I believe I've gained some watchers."

The two walked the beach slower than Fuzan would have liked, but Izuku still felt the sting of Fuzan's kick.

"Before I start, do you remember what I said when we started?" Fuzan asks.

Izuku stares intently at Fuzan, "You'll show me how to do Something through Nothing."

"Yes, it was something like that, and now I will show you how. For the past two months, I've been trying to prepare you to fix your internal struggle. I'm glad you did it so fast."

"What do you mean "I did it fast"?"

"Midoriya, for the past two months, you have been doing Nothing but not how you expected. Your meditation has been about cultivating your soul, willpower, ki, chi, and chakra. It has many names, but to those who understand it, call it Nen." Fuzan takes quick strides around Izuku

"Nen?"

"Yes, Nen."

"What is it?"

"The Something I have promised you. This is my gift to you. Nen is what your quirkless body needs to achieve your dreams, and through me, Izuku, you will be a hero."

The word, hero, echoes throughout Izuku's mind as tears slowly escape his eyes. No one, not a single person, has said he could become a hero. When he mentions the thought, all Izuku obtains is pity and ignorance. Is what he is hearing even true? After all, the concept of Nen sounds more like manga than reality.

"Midoriya, you may not have noticed it, but you have been using Nen for a while, at least a few days. But you can't see it because the nodes in your eyes haven't been unlocked."

"Well, how do unlock!" Izuku said excitedly, "Let me learn everything about this Nen so that I can be a hero like All Might!"

Fuzan sighs at Izuku's eagerness, "It's not that easy. You've had a breakthrough, and my kick earlier was a test. I used Nen to kick. While my kicks aren't something a regular human can blow off."

"Then, Fuzan-Sensei, show me how!"

"Again, it's not that easy. There are two ways to unlock Nen: continue meditating, which is safer, or forcefully open every aura node in your body. This method is dangerous and potentially fatal, but faster than the latter. Before you choose, let me say this: you are not unique. No matter how much you excite yourself, you will always be a Deku. Especially against great talents such as those in U.A. With that, Midoriya, what will you choose?"

Izuku stares at the end and then at his shoes before looking at his palms. His teacher called out his unconscious suspicions Izuku already knew. But what Fuzan doesn't realize is that Izuku is no longer a Deku; he is Midoriya Izuku, son of Midoriya Inko and Hisashi. No matter how many talented people he fights, no matter how many villains he challenges, no matter how harsh the future lessons are, Izuku will shove on, plus ultra style.

A smile slowly crawls along Izuku's face, "Fuzan! I know the risks for heroes, and I accept those risks. What makes you think that I won't take another? If I am to die, my death will prove that I tried my best and then some!"

Fuzan scoffs at Izuku, yet he is compelled to accept his choice; after all, he is the one who gave him the ultimatum. "Very well, Izuku, if that is how you feel. Now, turn around and relax and prepare for my Nen to attack you, smother you. At first, you might feel your senses spike and go area, but breathe, as you have before."

Fuzan takes a few steps backward, at least three, before holding both palms towards Izuku. His eyes widen, fingers and body tense. Izuku felt like something was gathering behind. It felt cold and full of malice and anger with a hint of pride. The anticipation slowly floods Izuku as those feelings grow into something more significant, an amalgamation of a blizzard's powers and as emotional as a typhoon. It strikes Izuku between his thoughts. Fuzan's Nen slithers around and embeds him in place. Suddenly, the Nen explodes and knocks him into the rough sand. For a few moments, the Nen electrocutes him before stopping completely. It was no longer cold but warm. The sun has been staring its rays on top of his back.

He looks upon his body and sees a cloud of steam flooding from him. Within Izuku grew a new feeling, the feeling of strength and power.

"So, this is Nen, huh? I didn't know what I expected." Izuku said

"Yes, it is. Now, Izuku, you have another step to cement your Nen."

"And that is?" he asks

"To contain the Nen that is spilling out of you."

"And what happens if I don't stop it?"

"You will die." Fuzan bluntly says. Izuku cries internally, "How do I stop it!?"

"Calm down. To contain it, you must focus on keeping that aura inside your body." Fuzan claps twice, "Close your eyes. Use any stance that will help you concentrate." Izuku shut his eyes and dropped his arms along with his head, catching every ounce of consciousness.

"Visualize the aura flowing in your body like blood: from the top of your head to your right shoulder, to your hand before passing through your leg to your left side. Now visualize that flow begins to ebb and hover around your body."

The gusting area begins to resign and lose more spread between the seconds, minutes, and hours. Even with every microscopic cell complying, Izuku can feel his life force being sapped. His concentration cracking under his fatigue. Izuku's knees buckle and dance around total and utter collaboration. Under his heavy breathing and every growing movement, his aura turns into a thin blanket that covers his asking that he can barely see. It was Nen. Inside, there was a warm and safe feeling being stored, as if Izuku was at home eating his favorite dish crafted from his mother's hands.

"How do you feel, Izuku?" Fuzan knocks him from his marveling, "Amazing, Sensei! The aura feels like a weightless pair of clothing, and its strength! I have never held power before, but this... this felt right."

"Four hours, twenty-five minutes, and sixteen seconds." Izuku returned focus to Fuzan, "That is how long it took you to contain your aura. I had higher hopes that you would complete Ten, but I seemed wrong. It is not your fault. You're not special. I should've known rushing Ten so fast would've taken so long. At the very least, you did it, and that is what matters." Fuzan turns away from Izuku and begins to march out of the beach.

"Don't take my words to heart, Izuku. You did what many would fail to achieve."

"Thank you, Sensei!" Izuku deeply bowed to Fuzan's back, " I will be better tomorrow!"

"Good! I want to see it!" Fuzan replies, "Oh yeah, Izuku. One more thing: maintain those images to keep the aura contained. See you tomorrow."