Chapter Nineteen: Katsuki

Start from the beginning

Kirishima puts his hands in his pockets and turns to Bakugou. "Sounds like we should be studying with her." He jokes, raising a brow at the blonde who placed 3rd out of all 21 of us in 1-A.

"You think I don't know enough?" He scowls loudly to us, glaring at his desk with a deadly aura coming off of him, "Maybe I should beat the lessons into your skull."

Kirishima chuckles back, closing his eyes with a wide smile as he takes Bakugou's threat just a friendly gesture, "I'm counting on it."

I roll my eyes and point to the exit of the classroom. "I'm heading to the cafeteria with the rest of the group, you two coming?" I ask, switching my gaze between the both of them.

Kirishima nods his head, already walking with me towards the exit. I look over my shoulder and see Bakugou already walking with us, soon catching up and taking a pace beside me.

We got our food first, which didn't take that long because we were a bit earlier than the rest of people, and then met with Mina, Jirou, Kaminari and Sero at the table. They saved two seats beside Sero and on the other side, one seat left next to Jirou, Kaminari and Mina.

Kirishima and I set ourselves down in the two seats, Bakugou begrudgingly groaning loudly and sitting next to Jirou.

"Okay, so now that everybody is here." Mina calls as Kirishima, Bakugou and I say our thanks for the food we were given, "I want to ask if you guys want to train with each other for the practical."

As I bite into my food and listen to the conversation, Sero furrows his brows a little and questions Mina, "Training? When would we have the time? We're studying with Yaoyorozu, remember?"

"Yeah, but maybe we could spare some time!" Mina chimes happily, clapping her hands together, "I mean, we can't just focus on the written exams when the practical will be just as hard!"

I nod my head and agree, "Yeah, that sounds good. I've only fought against Mina and Bakugou anyway." I glance at the two of them.

Kirishima next me nudges my shoulder with a grin. He chuckles, "You wanna' verse? Your transmutation against my hardening?"

I give a smirk back and challenge, "Sure thing. I kinda' want to see hoe many times I have to use my quirk to wear you down."

There's a friendly competition between us before another voice rises.

"I want a rematch, cheerleader." Bakugou states, talking for the first time at the table.

I raise my brows a bit and feel my jaw slack a bit. "Huh? What happened to fighting after the exams?" I ask, putting my chopsticks down on top of my bowl.

"I never agreed to that." Bakugou states, focusing on his noodles he was collecting on his chopsticks, "That was your idea, not mine. What, not ready for a rematch?"

I squint my eyes at him.

"What? I've only made a bit of progress with fighting up close. That's what I pale in comparison to you, right?" I say cautiously, leaning back in my chair, "But I want to work on using my quirk better. Even if you didn't train that hard during the internship, you're still a great fighter."

Bakugou raises a brow at me, lazily might I add. "So?"

I pick up my chopsticks and my bowl again. "So, I want to get better at close combat. Not just to beat you." I inform Bakugou, watching him squint back at me, "Like you said, I'm never going go become a Pro Hero with my lack of skills."

His faces twitches a bit, as if he remembered how he spoke those words to me during out match at the Sports Festival.

"Whatever."