iii. Galaxy & Rose

Start from the beginning

"Antiplastic!" he exclaims happily. "But first, I've got to find it. How can you hide something that big in a city this small?" He walks past me and Rose slightly whilst putting the Antiplastic away.

"Hold on, hide what?" asks Rose.

"A transmitter," he says. "The Consciousness is controlling all plastic, a transmitter boosts the signal."

"What does it look like?" asks Rose.

"A transmitter," I blurt out.

"Round and massive. Somewhere slap bang in the middle of London" finishes the Doctor. We walk past the TARDIS to where we can see the river. "A huge, metal, circular structure, like a dish, like a wheel, radial, close to where we're standing, it must be completely invisible." He stands with his back to the London Eye and Rose and I look at each other "What?" he asks. We nod our heads towards the huge, metal London Eye. The Doctor turns around and looks at it then back at us. "What?" he repeats. We nod our heads to it again. He turns his head to look at it again and then back at us again. "What is it? What?" he asks. He looks back at it then at us and says, "Oh. Fantastic!" He takes off down the path and Rose and I follow him. He grabs onto our hands once we get past the Elizabeth Tower and onto the bridge and then we run down the steps and to the London Eye. We run in front of it and stop. "Think. Plastic. Everywhere, every artificial thing waiting to be alive," he says. "The shop window dummies, phones, wires, cables."

"The breast implants," says Rose."Still, we've found the transmitter. The Consciousness must be somewhere underneath," he says. He looks around from where he is standing but Rose drags me to the wall and we look over it and find something.

"What about down here?" I ask. The Doctor runs to my side and smiles.

"Looks good to me," he says. We run down to it and he opens the hatch. A red light glows from it and he starts to go down the ladder. I follow after him and then it's Rose. We head to a door and the Doctor opens it and all of us walk-through. We head down some steps and I look down to see a huge, orange, wobbling mass of molten plastic that looks like something I've written and drawn about. "The Nestene Consciousness," the Doctor explains softly. "That's it, inside the vat; a living, plastic creature."

"Well, then, tip in your anti-plastic and let's go," Rose motions him forward.

"It's living, Rose," I frown, folding my arms. "He's not gonna kill it... right Doctor?" I ask whilst looking at him.

"I've got to give it a chance," he confirms making me smile brightly.

"This is why I don't eat meat, Rose. I don't like things being killed. Except for people who deserve it," I say whilst the Doctor leads us down another flight of stairs and places his hands on the railing, leaning forward slightly.

"I seek audience with the Nestene Consciousness under peaceful contract according to convention fifteen of the Shadow Proclamation," he addresses the Nestene and I frown slightly when I hear the last part because it seems familiar. The Nestene wobbles around a bit, making a garbling noise. I assume this was how it communicated and the Doctor could understand it since he smiles. "Thank you, I might have permission to approach?" he asks and the Nestene gargles in what appears to be an allowance. I feel Rose slapping my arm over and over.

"What?" I snap. She points down to the landing below us. "Mickey Mouse!" I smile widely, running down the steps towards him with Rose.

"Oh, my God! Mickey!" Rose beams. "It's okay. It's alright. We're here." She slides down on her knees when we reach him and pulls him into her arms. "Are you hurt?" she asks worriedly, pulling away and looking him over. "Oh, my god. I thought you were dead!" she cries happily.