Chapter 1 - Paix Esper

I stare at myself in the mirror. It's a rare opportunity but I welcome it gladly. I am suppose to be brave and help others but I still don't get why mirrors are only allowed in the house once a month. Then somebody always comes and collects it. Usually my parents volunteer, it's what my tribe does. My tribe's name is Fierces, they teach to be brave, daring even, and then use that to help the others, save others. I shake my head to clear it and put mirror on top of the drawer. I walk out of the house and walk down the block to school. As I walk through the wooden doors inside a rush of cool air sweeps through me. I sigh relaxing my shoulders, I didn't realize I was tense. The wind also resurfaces a memory, Choosing Day. Today is the day that I get to choose which tribe I want to be in. Or at least the day that I take the test. Tomorrow is the 50th Annual Trifecta, it has 3 stages. In two weeks, after the competition ends, the winner will get the awards and they will announce which tribe the winner has selected and then the rest of us. Whether you stay with your family or make a new one is up to you. I have a chance of getting chosen, luckily I trained for it just in case. My grandma was a victor so before she died so she taught me and my younger sister Amber some tricks. This year is a twist however since every 10 years, to make it more fun, there is more competition. This will be the 5th time the twist will happen, and I am sure that it will be more dangerous than ever. I walk over to my tribe's  table and sit next to my friends.

Brooke and Sophie

" Hi, How are you?" I ask politely, the way my parents taught me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

" Hi, How are you?" I ask politely, the way my parents taught me. Sophie smiles in return and I can tell she is nervous. I look around trying to spot her twin Brooke but she is nowhere to be found. " Do you know whe.." I am interrupted by a woman coming to our table. " Your tribe will take the test first," she says briskly as she walks away, not waiting to see if we would follow her. Of course we do, standing up and jogging after her. We walk into the room with 20 desks, the other 12 year olds and I take a seat, I choose one close to the back. 

"You will each have 5 minutes to circle one of the three answers." She says passing out the tests face down. Once she is done she says, " Your time starts now!" I flip the test over and write my name. The question is.....

What do you value most in life?

1. Love and family - Amosire Tribe

2.  Money and Riches - Felicity Tribe

3. Bravery and helping others - Fierces Tribe

I choose the third option.