Chapter One: A Mystic Book

Start from the beginning

'Is this... the retelling of the movie or the real story of the Romanov family?' Braedey thought to himself in curiosity.

Braedey has read about the execution of the Russian Imperial Romanov Family in 1910's when he was tasked to do a history report of the family. He wasn't too sure about it, since others in his class got better people to do a history report about, but he had learnt a lot from doing so. It was when Emperor Nicholas II, his wife Empress Alexandra, and their five children: Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, and Alexei, were all shot and bayoneted to death by the Communist revolutionaries under Yakov Yurovsky in Yekaterinburg. It was a tragic way for the family to be killed.

'That was a horrid way to go.' Braedey thought to himself, looking at the cover of the book. He ran a finger along the name, noticing it's bevelled and stands out a little from the cover. He also took note that there is no author on the book. 'Odd. No author, yet this book looks like its been made to be desirable. Maybe this is worth my time to read.' He thought to himself. With that on his mind, Braedey took the book over to the front desk.

"I'd like to make a purchase of this." Braedey asked, gesturing to the book with his hand.

The woman at the front desk eyed the book with slightly widened eyes, then turned to Braedey. "I would advise to take caution with this book." She whispered to Braedey, much to his confusion. "This book has been considered to be supernatural, and that has been around since 1945." She added.

"What?" Braedey asked in surprise to her. He looked at it in bewilderment, then back to the woman. "What is there about this book? What of the author?"

"The author is anonymous. There's been no record of the person even existing." The woman explained to the brunette. "It's almost like they vanished into thin air, never to be seen or heard from again."

"Whoa..." Braedey said to himself in surprise of what he's just heard. "That's... something else. What else is there?" He asked.

"I'm afraid that's all I know about the story of this book and how it came to be. And the fact it came from either Ukraine or France, and been translated to English." The woman added in.

"Very well." Braedey acknowledged to her. He turned to the woman. "I guess I'll go ahead and buy this one." He asked, and the woman nodded in understanding.

With a quick purchase, Braedey got the book, and he headed out of the library. He walked out, now walking up to where a blue bicycle was, got on it, and he rode off for home. All the while, his mind was lost within his thoughts about what he's been told, while wondering what could be deep in the pages of the book.

'What that woman told me might be a warning or so, but I won't know what might be there until I take a look inside the book.' Braedey thought to himself, heading off down the road to travel off for home.

~*~*~