Chapter II

It was around 9am when Tashas phone rang. She slowly opened her eyes and reached out to pick up the call. The woman hasn't slept that good in a long time. She had some problems falling asleep again but didn't wake up from any bad dreams.
"Zapata" she answered the phone without looking who was calling. "Hey Tasha" a high voice said. "Patterson!" she replied excited. "How are you? Where have you been all the time?" They haven't seen each other since she, Rich and Boston went on another treasure hunt about 3 month ago. "Been traveling around a bit... South Africa, New Mexico and some places in Europe" Patterson said. "Didn't really bother to check your phone huh?! Tasha muttered.
She tried to call sometimes but only got her friends mailbox, she already started to get worried." You got time this evening?" Patterson finally asked." Yeah you can come over anytime you want we just can't go out cause I got no one to take care of Lilana" Tasha said. "Great! See you later." the blond girl said and hung up.

Tasha was just about to get out of bed when she realized her daughter wasn't laying next to her anymore. "Lilana?" she asked, but no one answered. Tasha started to panic. She directly imagined the worst. Also something she can't get rid of after all that happened to her. It got really hard to keep a positive mind even though she is trying. She run trough the whole house searching for her daughter. Her hands where sweating and her knees were shaking. Only the thought of losing her child made her go crazy. She couldn't loose another person she loves not again. She just knew she wouldn't survive it this time since she barely did after loosing Reade.

Lilana wasn't in her room or in the kitchen, neither she was in the bathroom. The mother finally found her hiding behind the couch. She exhaled in relief and whipped her tears away. "You scared me" she said pickin up her daughter. "I didn't want to wake you" Lilana answered. "I really love you sweetheart" Tasha whispered in her ear hugging her real tight.

The mother and daughter spend the whole evening together. Since Tasha is a working mom they can't do that so often. She was so happy to finally have a 3 day weekend and time for some activities. The two did all the things small girls enjoy, they even throw a princess party. Tasha was glad no one could see her with that little crown on her head. It's crazy how she used to hate all of this...family life. All she ever had was work an she was happy there but never noticed what she was missing. Tasha never wanted children and now can't imagine a life without her daughter.

Tasha excitedly opened the door when she heard it ringing. Without saying a word the two friends hugged each other. "You look great" Tasha said pulling away. When Patterson noticed Lilana standing behind her mother she started screaming. "Heeeyyyy baby" she said running towards her. "Auntie Patty" her small voice replied. Tasha loved seeing them hugging each other. Patterson was like Lilanas second mother. She was there since the day she was born and always will be.

Tasha and Patterson talked and laughed a lot together they both had a lot to share.
It got pretty late and both were surprised when Lilana was starting in front of them again. "You were supposed to sleep little one" her aunt said with a little smile on her face. "I couldn't" she said tiredly. "Come here I'll bring you back to bed" Patterson said standing up. She took a small look over to Tasha who nodded.

When the Latina was alone in the living room the music in the background caught her attention. It was Reades favorite song. It made her tear up. She remembered dancing to that song with him. She didn't want to at first but he somehow convinced her like he always did. She closed her eyes trying not cry but she couldn't help it. She felt Reades touch, his hands around her hips, their bodies close together. It where those small moments when Tasha missed him the most.

"Hey what's wrong?" she heard Pattersons soft voice from the background. "Nothing" she said whipping a tear from her face. Patterson sat down next to her and stroke her back. "Tasha listen" she started "you can talk to me about everything you know that! I am here for you if you need me."
Tasha replied with a little smile. Her eyes where still red from crying. "It's just... " she stopped for a second and exhaled "I miss him so much! Some days are worse than others. I can't fall asleep and wake up at night because I keep on seeing him in my dreams." Patterson held Tasha tenderly in her arms while listening to her. She knew exactly how she felt she's been through that after losing David. " I just feel so empty sometimes. I'm missing a part of myself and just don't know how to replace it, I don't even want to replace it!" Tasha kept on saying. Her voice was broken. "I really don't know what to do" she said sobbing. Even small things like a sound or smell take her back and drag her down. It all felt so hopeless to her.
"I've been where you are now" Patterson said after it's been silent for some time. "I'd love to tell you that it'll get easier and you'll forget him but you won't! Reade will forever be a part of your life." Tasha looked up. "All you can do is talk to someone and learn to live with it." Patterson added. "And I'll always be here for it. We're family!" she said with a smile. "Thank you" Tasha finally said "I wouldn't know what to do without you"