she made cookies

remember:

y/n = your name

y/gf/n = your girlfriends name

y/f/r = your favorite restaurant 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Y/N'S POV

After a long day of work, all I wanted to do was come home and lay in y/gf/n's arms. I love my job, but it gets really tiring. I parked my car in its normal spot, checked the mail, and went upstairs to our shared apartment.

I noticed that some packages came in today. I had ordered a necklace and y/gf/n ordered a new book that she's been looking forward to. During quarantine, y/gf/n will read new books and I've been reading the ones she said I'd like.

I walk in the apartment and smell cookies. Ooh I'm excited. Y/gf/n makes awesome anything. I on the other hand am a klutz in the kitchen. (idk if that's spelled right lol) I set my bag and keys down and lock the door. "Honey, I'm home," I say, its a little joke between us.

"Welcome home sweet cheeks." She says. I walk into the kitchen to find her putting the cookies on the cooling rack wearing the apron I made, her hair in a high messy bun and flour on her face and a little in her hair. I wash my hands, dry them off, then hug her from the back and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"I missed you today." I say with my arms still wrapped around her.

"I missed you too. How was work?" She asked. Y/gf/n's job was flexible enough for her to work from home during quarantine, but my work allowed us to come back. 

"Tiring. The mask gets uncomfortable when you wear it for a long time. But I'd rather protect myself and protect others." I sneaked my arms into my shirt and took off my bra. The second uncomfortable thing I had worn that day. "How was work for you?" I asked as I threw my bra into our room.

"It was nice. I had a few calls today then I baked some cookies. Oh and I ordered from y/f/r for dinner tonight." She said smiling. She knew me too well. Back in March when covid was getting bad, y/gf/n and I decided to move into an apartment together. My lease with my roommate was ending in April. My roommate kept the lease going and her cousin moved in and I paid my rent til I was no longer needed. Y/gf/n had the one bedroom apartment so we moved in together there. We cook during the week, and eat out on the weekends. We alternate our days for who is in charge of what we eat for dinner. Today was Friday and it was y/gf/n's day to choose.

"You did?! Oh that's gonna be awesome. Y/f/r and your cookies together are amazing." She smiled at me and kissed me on the lips.

- - - - - - -L A T E R T H A T E V E N I N G- - - - - - -

The grub hub delivery dude gave us our dinner. We ate our dinner by the TV so that we could have our quarantine movie night.

Towards the end of the movie, I was laying on the couch with y/gf/n laying her head on my chest with our arms wrapped around each other. The credits started playing, so I woke her up gently so we could move into our bed. I rubbed her back and kissed her fore head and whispered, "y/gf/n, wake up." She did, eventually. So we went back to our room, changed into our pajamas, did our nighttime routine of washing our faces and brushing our teeth, then we headed to bed.

We played in the the same way we did on the couch, and we both fell asleep this way.

I love y/gf/n so much, and I'm excited for this weekend with her