Prologue

We used to fear the monsters under our beds. We used to curl into a ball under the heavy blankets so they couldn't get us. Praying, we'd clench our fists and shut our eyes hoping that if we can't see it, it can't see us. 

 Our mothers would soothe the imagination in our tiny little heads. We had simply took it too far. Our minds wandered over the border from creativity to darkness. Only, there was no coming back from the darkness. It would always occupy some part of our heads. Our mothers would brush the hair out of our eyes and assure us monsters didn't exist. 

 Only, now they did. 

 Now, our thoughts were almost like a perfectly sharpened blade, bouncing off the walls of our fear-induced minds. And they always ran back to the same idea. Death. 

 Humans feared death. It was far too simple. But, every passing day was another closer to death. So, what was there to be afraid of? We were all going to die at some point. Why waste our lives worrying about the inevitable? 

 The answer is just as simple as the question: uncertainty. We can't live without knowing for certain. All events must be approved by our ideas and logic. We can't not know. 

 But, that's gone now. We don't know a damn thing.