Chapter 12: Payback Is Hell

Începe de la început

"Fine. We were- we were trying to hurt you before the competition." The man says and Nia rolls her eyes. Lexa lets go of the mans shirt and he has a sigh of relief.

Lexa looks at the bald man, "So what is their punishment Titus?" Titus thinks for a moment and then turns to Nia.

"You and your son, Roan, are suspended from Polis Underground. I do not want to see you back here for a month." Nia smiles and nods.

"That just means my son will be even more ready for the fight." Nia turns to Lexa, "Until we meet again."

"I'll be waiting." Lexa gives her a smirk and the woman nods her head at her men who retreat with her. After they leave, Lexa turns her attention to me, "Are you okay?"

"Me? Lexa they punched you." I look down at Lexa's stomach and gently trace my finger around the new bruise that is forming. Lexa tenses up.

I hear someone clear their throat and I turn to see Titus standing with his hands behind his back, staring at me.

"Commander... you still need to go out there and fight..." Lexa nods and thinks for a moment.

"Anyone that wants to get in the ring can join me. One at a time." Lexa says and Titus gets a little worried.

"Commander, you could seriously hurt someone... they could sue us." Titus says and she shrugs.

"I'll be gentle." Lexa tried to hold back her smile as she says this.

"Yes. Imagine that you are in a ring with your... friend, Clarke Griffin, here." Titus says and nods his head towards me. Lexa's smile disappears, "Let's go, Commander." Titus says and Lexa nods. She looks at me then follows Titus.

I just watch her and the annoying bald man leave before I make my way to the arena. The loud music hurts my ears and a random frat boy handed me a beer.

I find my group of friends. I hand Murphy the beer, who takes it with no questions asked, and then stand next to Raven.

"Hey, babe." She says and throws an arm around me, "Look." She nods her head over to Octavia and Niylah both laughing with each other.

"Awe. Our baby gay." I put my arm around Raven's waist while we laugh, "Oh, so the Commander is going to let anyone who wants to, to fight with her tonight."

Raven smiles, "Ten bucks I can get Bellamy to do it."

"His boyfriend won't let him." I nod my head to Murphy.

"Ten bucks." Raven smirks and wiggle her eyebrows. I think for a moment and put my hand out for her to shake. I honestly don't think Bellamy is dumb enough to actually get back in the ring with Lexa.

The announcer walks into the ring with a microphone and smile, "How are you all doing tonight?" He asks and gets many cheers back, "Good. Good. Well tonight we have something very special for you. Three people, who sign wavers, will get to fight in the ring against our Commander!"

To my surprise a lot of people were jumping up and down at the chance to try and take Lexa down. There was a line forming to sign up. People would put their names down and a worker would put them in a hat.

I turn to look at Raven but she isn't next to me anymore, she is talkingto Bellamy and Murphy who are nodding to what she says. I walk over to her to stop what she is saying but Murphy and Bellamy were arleady gone and putting their names in the hat.

"You are going to be the death of them." I shake my head as Raven and I make our way back to our original spots, close to Lexa's corner in the ring.