Chapter 2

You glared at Shoto. Shoto sighed. "Fine. Goodnight, (y/n)." Shoto stood up. You followed him with your eyes as he left the room. "Stupid Nii-San." You muttered.

Next day:

You frowned in your sleep when you heard knocking on your room's door. "(y/n)...? I brought you breakfast." Fuyumi said softly.

"Are you awake?" Fuyumi asked when you didn't reply. "Y-Yeah, yeah...I'm...awake." You muttered, gripping your blanket in your hand—as if someone would pull it away. Fuyumi gently unlocked the door and opened it. You slowly opened your eyes, seeing her walk closer.

"Stop right there." You warned. Fuyumi looked slightly offended, but gave a nod and put the plate with your breakfast on a table. She left the room and locked the door behind herself.

You glanced around in your room. It's a very large room with a bathroom connected to it. You went to the bathroom and did your morning routine.

You glanced in the mirror while you brushed your hair. You activated your snake senses, looking at your own slit eyes and forked tongue. "I'm a monster, huh?" You whispered, de-activating your snake senses.

You tied your hair in a pigtail at each side, letting your other hair loose. (Or choose an other hairstyle). You twirled a lock of your hair around your fingers. ' "I love you." ' You remembered what Shoto told you yesterday night. You growled. "Nonsense." You sighed. "Stupid Shoto, pretending like he cares for me. What will he gain from it anyway?" You muttered to yourself.

You glanced out the window of your room, seeing people pass by on the sideway in the distance. Some looked like heroes, some looked like normal citizens and some looked like thugs. After a few seconds you walked away from the window, deciding to start eating your breakfast.

You felt lonely, to be honest. But you would never admit it. You didn't want to show anyone your 'weaknesses'. Life doesn't mean anything to you. You are just passing time with one goal in life: being free. And then? Then what? Nothing. You don't know.

From the corner of your eyes you saw a white pigeon. The bird tapped with it's beak on your window. You smiled happily. You had befriended the pigeon about a month now. You named 'him' (you assume it's a male) jokingly 'George' (as it makes him seem like a mature historical guy). You opened your window to let him in.

He cooed, making you laugh. You glanced at the cute 'bracelet' you had given him, but this time there was also something else on his leg. You saw a piece of paper was loosely tied to his little leg. You untied it from his leg and unfolded it. " I love you " You read outloud. "I thought you were a stray bird, George. Not a pet..." You muttered. You pet his head gently. "Who is this from anyway? And who was this meant for?" You talked to George. He tilted his head and cooed. You tied it loosely around his leg again and let him fly. "Bring this to who it's meant for." You said. George cooed as he flew through the sky, but he dived in and landed on your window sill again. "Um, excuse me?" You quirked your eyebrow. ''Don't tell me this is meant for me. I mean, who the hell would sent me a letter, let alone tell me that they genuinely love me...It's meant for someone else." You said. You grabbed a paper and a pen. ''Your birdy... brings... your letters ...to the...wrong person...'' You read each word outloud as you wrote them. You neatly folded the paper up and tied it to George's other leg.

''Go.'' You kissed the top of his head and smiled at him, but he wouldn't budge. Your smile grew to an awkward one. ''Oh...'' A light bulb popped into your mind. 'He won't fly back till I take that piece of paper from him...' You thought. You took the piece of paper from him on which was written: ' I love you '. George flew away right after. Your mind wandered to an non-existing 'prince charming' as you kept looking at the piece of paper, but you quickly disposed your mind of such thoughts. 'Bullshit.' You 'tsk'ed to yourself.