HATE DEPARTURE

After eight years, nakahanap din ako ng panahong umuwi sa Dumaguete. It's been a while.

It's been eight fruitful years. Now, umuwi na ako na hindi mag-isa. Sinama ko si Caira, my first daughter.

Yes, I am now married for four years to a very wonderful husband. Caira is now three years old. I'm so happy kasi this is going to be her first time visiting Dumaguete City, my hometown.

8:30am my husband sent us to the airport already. Our flight was at around 10:45am. My husband wasn't able to go with us cause he still has responsibilties sa work nya. So, it was just me and our daughter. Everything went smooth. The traffic was just minimal and we were one of the few passengers who got to checked-in early.

Caira was kind of hungry so I decided that I'll buy her food first before we sit down and wait for our departure. I asked Caira to just sit down and eat her sandwich. I got my earphones and listened to some of my favorite teenage songs, maiba naman di ba? I was just watching my daughter eat when someone sat in front of us. Well, di naman ako tumitingin sa mga tao cause it's like na awkward ako to look at them. It's just not my thing to even bother what other people around me are doing.

Caira finished her sandwich na and I handed her, her water bottle. In exchanged she handed me her sandwich wrapper. I told her to stay there and never talk to strangers, and that I'll just throw the plastic wrapper.

While I was walking towards our seat I lost sight of my daughter. Grabe kinabahan ako kasi parang tumalikod lang ako tas biglang nawala sa inuupan nya yung anak ko. Later did I realize she was with that person seating in front of us. Na at that time di ko pa kita kasi nakatalikod sya. Tumakbo ako papalapit at nagulat ako sa nakita ko.

That person seating in front to us was my ex boyfriend, Leo.

Anak ng tipaklong lang naman diba?

All these years I thought he was in Cebu City kaya nga nasa Manila ako cause I don't like seeing him around or I'm not so ok with bumping on to him sa mall or work or anywhere.

So yes, there. It was him. I immediately asked my daughter to come to me.

'Caira! Come here!' napasigaw talaga ako. Like what the.

Good thing my daughter immediately ran back to me. The time I held her hands, mejo kumalma na ako and I was able to breathe.

I looked at Leo and I gave him a smile. It just came. I didn't even realized that not until now.

'Kamusta?' he asked me.

I told him I am doing well and asked him how's life going.

I sat down next to him and we just talked like nothing really happened. Like he never hurt me. Like I never hated him.

'Magmano ka kay tito Leo, hug naman para sweet go.' Pabiro kong sinabi.

'I guess natuwa sya sa keychain ng bag ko that's why lumapit sya kanina nung tinapon mo yung basura' Leo told me.

'Ahh kaya pala. Akala ko nawala na yung anak ko. Ay anak ko pala. Haha!'

I looked at his eyes and he looked happy for me. Nalakatuwa lang kaso ang mature na ng usapan namin.

He told me that he is now also married for two years. He said that's the reason why he's in Manila cause his wife is working in Makati.

I told him that we should see each other again soon kasi my husband works in Makati and maybe we could have do a catch-up.

We just talked for hours until departure. Konti lang yung pasahero and nakapgpaalam sya sa cabin crew na he'll just transfer seat next to us. It was an hour and fifteen minutes flight back to Dumaguete and we just talked. He also enjoyed talking and playing with Caira. Nag joke pa nga si gago na pag boy daw anak ng misis nya effriend daw dapat ni Caira. I told him no haha kapal ng mukha. We landed to Dumaguete safely...

Now, I'm in Georgia. My husband and I migrated here for three years now. I guess time heals broken hearts. Who am I to say that I will forever hold a grudge to someone I loved before. Life is short. Be happy for yourself and wish others to find real happiness as well.