People, when they walked past death's threshold, they would understand many things. Seeing wang fei right now, she probably understood a lot. Wang ye had favoured her recently. There had been news from others that said wang yehad been residing day after day in zhengyuan. Looking at her appearance, she did have the capital to attract men.

"Wang fei has plenty of good fortune and naturally could overcome the misfortunes," Ding mama smiled as she received the words. Hearing noise from outside the door, she closed her mouth and moved over.

Qu Qing Ju turned her head to look. She saw a beautiful matron wearing an orange palace dress, supporting herself with one hand on a taijian's hand, calmly walk in. The beautiful matron looked like she was just over thirty years old. Even if her face was rather mediocre, it couldn't disguise the allure between her brows.

This was Jing fei. Qu Qing Ju stood and went forward: "Erxi greets mufei." The two ce fei stood behind her and followed with the greeting, but they referred to themselves as "nu"

"No need for courtesy, sit down," Jing fei's steps slowed as she looked at Qu Qing Ju from top to bottom. She sat at the front and took a sip of the tea that Ding mama presents. Seeing the three sit down, she opened again: "Ben gong[2] heard that Qing Ju's body has recovered and wanted to take a look. Seeing you now, I feel that your face looks much better than before. This bright-red cotton trailing Yun brocade dress is complicated and lavish, most people can't wear it. You wear it well."

"Erxi thanks mufei for the compliment," Qu Qing Ju looked at Jing fei with eyes full of childish admiration, "Erxi hadn't dared to wear it originally, but thought that this color was celebratory and of good fortune. Erxi had just recovered from a big sickness and it is much better to be celebratory when coming to pay respects to mufei. Thankfully, mufeialso likes what erxi is wearing, otherwise erxi wouldn't know what to do.

Feng Zi Jin, sitting to one side, felt her mouth slightly quiver. Niangniangwas implying that she dressed too lavishly. Was Qu Qing Ju really stupid or pretending to be stupid that she really believed that niangniang was complimenting her?

The hand that held the teacup slightly stopped, the motion Jing fei did to set down the teacup seemed to be heavier than normal. She looked with a normal expression at Qu Qing Ju. Seeing her smile happily, she asked: "Clothing isn't important, what is important is the intention. Ben gongheard yesterday that you had been unhappy with your family, Chang De Gong Fu. This thing has spread all over Jing City, what really happened?"

"There's this thing?" Qu Qing Ju's eyes widened and she said in confusion: "What are they saying in Jing City?"

"Ding mama, you tell wang fei," Jing fei took a sip of tea to suppress that bit of agitation inside, "As a wang fei, you have to know some things about Jing City. Otherwise, how could you be wang ye's good wife[3]"

Qu Qing Ju, upon hearing this, stood to beg for forgiveness: "It is erxi's fault. These past days have been filled with managing the houyuan and neglected to pay attention to the happenings outside the fuMufei, please set a punishment."

Jing fei felt the roots of her teeth seemed to ache. These words just didn't seem right. In the Da Long Dynasty, it wasn't as restricting towards women as it had been in the previous dynasty, but it was still men on the outside, women inside. What was forgetting to pay attention to happenings outside the fu? Did she, her popo, have to tell her erxifu to meddle with things outside the fu?