I walked out of Ash’s apartment, locking the door. I made my way towards my apartment. Yes, I walked to her apartment, but it was just a five minute walk. We originally planned to live in the same building, but there were no apartments available in my building.

  I got to my apartment, checking myself in the mirror one last time before going out. My phone rang in my pocket. Taking it out, I checked the caller ID. Christian.

  I picked up the call. “Hi.”

  “Come outside, beautiful.”

  “Uhm, okay?” I said, sounding unsure.

  “I’m not gonna kill you. Just come.”

  I hung up the phone. I walked – no, ran – outside. I couldn’t help but feel excited.

  What am I, a teenage girl?

  I got to the parking lot, to find Christian holding white lilies in his hand, standing beside an F-Type Jaguar. I found that so cute, yet so gay.

  “That is so gay, you know,” I quipped. He scowled as he handed me them.

  “But they’re so beautiful. Thanks,” I said again.

  “No problem, babe. You ready to go?” I looked up to see him smiling at me. I nodded and got a proper look at him. He had his hair gelled back, and was also wearing a black and white tuxedo with a bowtie. He looked really handsome.

  He walked to the passenger side and opened the door for me.

  “What a gentleman,” I said while getting in the car, half mocking him. He winked at me and walked to the driver’s side.

~~~~~~~~~~

  “So, where were you since, like, last of last week?” I asked him while he was driving. He looked at me and turned his attention back to the road.

  “I was in Italy, on a business trip. My firm sent me there.”

  “WHAT! And you didn’t tell me?”

  He chuckled as he turned to look at me again. “It’s not a big deal, really.”

  “Oh my gosh. I can’t believe you went to Italy. How’s the pasta there?”

  “Really good actually. But I didn’t get the time to even do the fun stuff the because of work.”

  I looked at him, confused. “I thought you said you were a lawyer?”

  “Yeah, I am a lawyer, but I was sent there for a really big case. And I have a business on the side.”

  “What businesses?”

  “You know, advertising and stuff like that.”

  “Oh.”

  “Yeah.”

  “And I didn’t know you had this fancy car. There’s so much that you’re not telling me,” I said, glaring at him.

  “Aww, you’re cute when you’re mad, babe,” he said. I glared at him more. Honestly, what’s up with people who keep saying that? First Cameron now him.

  “Maybe I should smile more so I can be ugly. It’s hard being cute, you know,” I retorted.

  He looked at me. “Even cuter. You know you can never be ugly. You’ll always be beautiful to me.”

  I felt my face going red at his sweet words. He really knew how to use his words well.

  “Uhm, thanks.”

  “No problem.”

  We got to the venue of the ball and he parked at the entrance, waiting for the valet to come over. He turned and looked at me.

  “You ready?”

  “As I’ll ever be.”

  He chuckled as he got out of the car. I followed suit and went around the car just as Christian was giving the valet his keys.

  “May I?” he asked as he held out his arm, smiling.

  “Yes, you may.” I smiled, taking his arm in mine and we walked to the entrance.

  When we got in, I was shocked to say the least. The place was really beautiful, better than last year’s theme, which was white and blue. This year’s theme was black and gold. The place had a huge glass chandelier, which was very fitting. It looked like something out of the Great Gatsby, minus all the craziness. The interior designer had to be paid thousands of dollars to be able to pull this off.

  There were a lot of people there. Most of them middle aged good looking men with wives on their arms. There were some young people too. Even young people are millionaires now.

  I walked with Christian down to the centre of the hall, where we were met with Mr Mason. He looked up at us surprised. He excused himself from the people he was talking to and made his way to us.

  “Well, will you look at that. Christian and Max, welcome,” he exclaimed, hugging me and shaking hands with Christian.

  “Uh, thanks Mr Mason,” I said, feeling slightly proud. Christian beamed at Mr Mason as well.

  “No problem, Max,” he said. “I’m surprised you came with Christian, though. Never would’ve expected that. Where did you two meet?”

  “The office,” we both said at the same time. We looked at each and started laughing. Great now we look like lovesick puppies in front of my boss.

  “Aww, you two make a very cute couple. I should open up a dating site called ‘Mason Dating Incorporated’. Sounds catchy, doesn’t it?”

  I laughed at that, while Christian shook his head, smiling. Mr Mason seemed to approve of us, and I really appreciated it. He was like the cool uncle to me. Although I would never tell him that.

  “Nice event you have going on here, Mr Mason. It looks really beautiful,” Christian said, looking up and around the full hall.

  “Well, it should be. Cost me 1.2 million just to set up. That excludes food and such,” Mr Mason stated, sounding tired.

  Christian chuckled, “It costs money to make money, even for charity. You should know that.”

  “Yes, I know. It probably won’t make that much of a dent in our budget.”

  “So, how are the clients holding up?”

  And there they go, talking business. I quickly excused myself and made my way towards the bar, not attempting to stand with them for ten minutes while they talked about business.

xxxxxxxxxx

A/N

So this chapter will be separated into three parts, this being the first. I hope you really enjoyed this chapter and the story overall. Thank you for reading.

xx

Damien.