"Thank the Lords above, I thought you were going to stay mad for the rest of the year. Like, geez woman, take a chill pill. I was worried I'd have to climb your balcony tonight. You can stay mad for a really long time geez! But then again, I was an asshole for doing what I did, so I kinda deserved it" I said in a delighted yet ashamed tone. I rambled on and on about, how I felt so lonely and neglected. Before I could rant any further, she said something that stopped me in my tracks. Everything around me just stopped. My breathing, my movement and to some extent even my heartbeat.

"Why did you cry Varun?" She said in a calm yet careful manner. It seemed like she knew she was walking on thin ice, but still she wanted to find the treasure.

My mood took a 360. I knew what was to come and even I couldn't stop it.

Third person POV:

The atmosphere of the room, turned grey. The intensity on both their faces could be seen by even a blind person.

Varun, who was beaming and speaking non stop just two minutes ago. Now just stood there like a rock. A cold expression could be seen on his face. His body became stiff. His lips formed into a thin line. His eyes that once had laugh lines around it, now seemed as though someone sucked his soul out. Him as a person, seemed dead, hollow and vacuous.

Shraddha seemed to have noticed this. After the reaction yesterday, she knew something like this would definitely happen. That's why she brought this topic up. She wanted to know what was bothering him, she wanted to help him. But after looking at his body language and his "lifeless" body. She wanted to take back her actions. She didn't like the atmosphere that was created only in a span of 2 minutes.

"Varun? Are you okay?" I tried calling him in a soft tone.

"Varun!" I tried in a louder tone. No response. It felt like I was having a deja Vu. But this time it was a totally different circumstance.

"Batuklal!" I tried again, but more softly this time. This is guys is scaring me. I looked down at his hand. They were clenched tightly in a fist, it was so tight that his knuckles were white. His veins popped out, on his arms.

What the hell is happening. I was worriedly thinking about the things that were about to happen, when I looked up and-

His eyes were red, not like a demon red or vampire red. They were red with angry tears. When I tell you, I felt goosebumps rise all over my arms, I mean it.

I have never seen Varun like this before. This is worrying me so much. I don't understand what's happening. I don't know how to stop it. But one thing was for sure, he was angry like never before. He stared at me with those red eyes of his. The only emotion I could see shocked me to the core. That emotion was 'hate'. My heart felt like it was shattering into little pieces. He has not even said a single word yet, but for some reason I am on the verge of crying just by looking at his eyes full of hatred. I can never in a million years imagine, Varun hating me. It broke me in ways, I could not describe.

Not being able to handle the pain and his intense glare, I quickly moved up to him.

"VD! Babulal what's wrong? Let's forget what I said. It was a stupid question anyways. Don't think too much about it. I am stupid to have asked you such a question. I should have known better. I am really sorry. Don't dwell too much on it." I Said cupping his face in my hands. Looking directly into his eyes, for a split second I saw hurt, instead of hatred. Maybe he is coming back, maybe he is snapping out of it. The thought made me so happy. But I think I spoke too soon.

'The next split seconds of my life would be carved in my memory forever.'

Varun harshly took my hands off his cheeks. Holding both my wrists up in the air in front of my face. He roughly shoved me against one of his bedroom walls, pinning me to it. My back felt like little shards of glass went through it. The physical pain was unbearable, but the emotional pain of knowing that my best friend did this to me, broke my heart.