01

Hollywood has always been a dream for a boy who once lived on the outskirts of an unknown town. After nine long years, the once mocking two-way oak wood door with its exquisite carving no longer seems too intimidating for Kyler Bennett as it was before when he first landed a job as a mere production crew.

Working his way up toward his first lead directorial film was anything but an easy ride. Coming from a town where people stay and grow old without much thought, a young boy like him did the unthinkable. Kyler left the comfort of his town and fled to Los Angeles. For him, becoming a director was a lifelong dream that he was not willing to give up.

"Good morning, Director Bennett," the familiar voice of his good friend Clay Rivers brought him back from his thoughts. He was wearing the same old ensemble, a pair of Nike sportswear, and his favorite white sneakers that he had gotten used to over the years of friendship that he shared with him.

"Hey Clay, this wasn't a dream, right?" he asked, a lopsided smile plastered on his lips, still not believing the fact that he was the same ten-year-old boy who once dreamed of becoming a film director.

"Aren't you being a bit emotional Ky?" Clay teased, throwing his arms to his shoulder.

"Shut up man," he replied, as the two of them stared at the door again. Getting lost in their thoughts, watching it open slowly as the familiar sight of a man welcomed them with an amused look on his face.

"Always the latecomer aren't we boys?" it was Paris, the trio was complete again. Kyler Bennett, the director, Clay Rivers, the head writer, and lastly, Paris Benson, the producer. A friendship that was built through hardship and aspiration to reach their common goals.

"Let's go, everyone's waiting," the three of them entered the room with a triumphant look on their faces, knowing that it was their first step in living what was once just a dream.

As they stepped inside the room, Kyler was greeted with familiar faces from different projects that he had become part of. A ton of congratulations were thrown at him, a little overwhelmed as he should be, Kyler still managed to keep everyone entertained and noticed all at once. And just like that, the room was filled with people seated on their chairs, leaving two unoccupied seats in front of him. The sight of it made him curse internally, realizing that he hadn't read the list of cast members that Clay sent him the weekend before the meeting.

Idiot, he thought, scolding himself for forgetting something as basic as reviewing the cast list. Nothing could prepare him for the sudden entrance of Asher Bennington's smiling ever so lovely as he walked towards one of the vacant seats in front of him.

"Sorry I'm late, I got caught up with Lili," Asher explained apologetically.

Are you kidding me? Kyler was about to lose it; he was having a mental breakdown from seeing one of his favorite young actors in the industry. Asher Bennington might be young, but he has years of awards and recognition on his belt already. And seeing him on his very first directorial film was beyond his imagination.

"No worries," He replied, hoping that he sounded as cool as he intended it to be.

"You're such a fanboy Ky," Clay managed to whisper next to him but decided to shrug it off.

Now, Kyler was beyond curious about his female lead, wondering who might be the person who would bring Clay's character to life. As the door burst open again, everyone stared intently at the sight of the woman walking elegantly toward the empty seat. She was wearing a black leather skirt, a furry white tube top paired with Chelsea boots, her lips painted in cherry red lipstick, and eyes covered with a sunglasses. A man entered the room after her, Kyler felt intimidated with his big physique and perfectly toned muscles for everyone to see through his fitted floral business suit.