I'm in love with a werewolf - Part 8

I'm in Love With a Werewolf

Part 8

"Seth?" I kept screaming over and over. I was in so much shock, that's all I managed to say.

Seth leaned his head toward my face. I felt his hot breath on my cheek, and panic showered over me. He seemed calm, he wasn't looking for any danger just yet. He took a few big steps back, and I picked up sticks and rocks and threw them. Without a thought, they were making their way and hit him in the face. He whimpered in pain and I felt hurt, as if a knife had just stabbed my chest. He hooked the clothes in his mouth and ran behind a tree.

My legs were beginning to pick themselves up, and I took this as a signal to begin my escape. I only managed to turn around, because I felt Seth's hand on my shoulder. His normal, furryless, hand. Relief washed over me to know that he was alright, but I still stood there in horror. I looked at him and he inhaled deeply, making a tear roll down my cheek. I had never cried this way before, why was I feeling this way? His hand released my shoulder and he looked down in dismay.

I knew he was only waiting for me to run away, but I couldn't. I wasn't going to just leave him there. His head leaked blood, and I couldn't even tell what he was feeling. His eyes remained that glowing green, and they stared intently into mine.

"Stop crying," he said. I knew he tried to force those words out. I shouldn't have thrown those things at him. As if reading my mind, he said, "Don't worry, I'm not hurt."

"But, I-"

"You were afraid, I understand," he answered for me.

He was so calm about this, I didn't know why. He almost gave me a heart attack, actually, my heart was still beating quickly.

"How? Why, Seth?" I asked.

He started to reply, but then shut his mouth as if he didn't want me to know. "Can I trust you?" he asked me in the most sincere voice.

My voice trembled. "Yes..."

He paused and examined my face, my eyes. "I believe you," he said quietly.

He grabbed my arm and made me sit down next to him on one of the tree roots. We were so close I could almost feel our legs touch.

"I'm a werewolf."

"I figured that out!" I said sarcastically. "But how, why?"

Another long pause before he answered. "I was only thirteen. I was actually living the rich life, with my brother Johnny, mom, and dad. Johnny had just gone to college, so it was just me living with my parents.  One night..." his quavering voice trailed on. He stopped and I saw wetness shine on his green eyes. A teardrop started to roll down, and he wiped it away quickly.

"One night, these men broke into my house. I wasn't surprised, I mean I knew they had only come for the family fortune, but that didn't mean that I wasn't scared. My mom hid me inside of the closet and she looked herself in her room while I was safely hidden. My dad came inside from work to find the place trashed. He was clueless, not until one of the men smashed glass over his head. I heard him scream in pain from the closet, and that was the first time I saw my mom cry through the little peephole in the doorknob. It was pure horror."

He was sobbing now, and I pulled him into a hug and let him cry on my shoulder.

Seth's story:

"Mom!" I cried. She got up and ran out of the room, telling me not to leave.

I heard more loud bangs and I began to cry my eyes out. Before I could take it any longer, I burst out of the room and into the living room. One of the men was gripping tightly onto my mother's hair and there were bruises on her face. Instead of there being another man, there was this huge black dog, growling at my father who was laying motionless on the floor. I began pouring my eyes out right after I hid behind the couch.