"J huh?" I queried, my eyebrow lifted just a bit flirting ever so slightly but not enough for anyone to tell.

"It's my thing I just give people nicknames" she shrugged moving her hand of my arm her wavy red Bob she had bunching up with her shoulders she had one hair out of place I wanted to fix it so badly but worried It'd be creepy and I did not want to scare away this girl.

"I like it...no one gave me a nickname before" I smiled looking down at my shoes suddenly feeling very shy and nervous to make eye contact.

"Well now someone has where'd rory go?" She asked, confused suddenly popping out of our bubble that we seemed to be living in as she looked around.

"Studying, I think she said and Luke and Lorelai are out on the porch." I said looking at her wanting to know every detail of her life. I wanted to know her favorite color, favorite flower, anything. But this girl just had her boyfriend die..she had a baby and me? I didn't have a chance.

"Sounds like her-" she started when suddenly leah started crying. Making us both stand up quickly.

"Hey it's ok mamas here." She cooed picking up the 4 month old who was sucking on her fist when she spotted me and smiled.

"Well hello miss leah" I cooed from a distance worried I'd get in the way of them, I don't even know how to hold a baby much less interact with one.

"I have to make her a bottle. Do you want to hold her?" Emma said, looking at me taking my physical posture in and staring at my arms.

"Of course." I heard myself saying as my arms reached out all nervousness seemed to just melt away as she placed the baby in my arms guiding me to the rocking chair placing her hands on my arms and adjusting where necessary.

"She likes to be moving weather its bouncing, walking etc" emma smiled at me and headed in to make a bottle.

"Well hello leah-grace. How are you huh?" I whispered, rocking her back and forth slowly, my heart melting as she cooed in my direction, her fist still in her mouth.

"We're just fine right?" I said to her slowly getting nervous as her face started to screw up and give me a very deep pout.

"Okay don't panic, we will stand up and walk around. Does that sound good to you?" I stood up propping her against my chest and humming a random tune as I flitted around the living room looking at pictures and drawings that decorated the wall. Finally settling on one picture of what seemed to be Rory,Emma, and a guy who must have been Daniel. His dark brown hair and green eyes matched Leah's except she had her mother's dark brown eyes. He had his arm wrapped tightly around Emma and pink sash over his shoulders and pink ribbon wrapped around Emma's tummy.

"That was our gender reveal party, mom had it done at Luke's and I thought he was surely gonna throw up from all the pink that scattered his store" she giggled, appearing behind me not being able to look over my tall shoulder but knowing exactly what picture I was looking at.

"I can only imagine" I laughed watching her sit down placing the bottle on the coffee table and holding her arms out for her daughter that I somehow lulled to sleep with my swaying.

"Huh you put her to sleep" she laughed as I laid leah down in her arms gently.

"Sorry" I laughed sitting across from her in the armchair.

"Time to go kid" Luke said walking in behind Lorelai who smiled at us nodding her head to me as if some kind of silent thank you was heard.

"Right coming" I said standing walking over to emma placing a hand on her shoulder saying goodbye to leah.

"See ya tomorrow maybe?" Emma smiled at me and I nodded without even thinking.

"Thank you for having us Lorelai," Luke said thankfully walking out behind me.

"Uh Jess, wait can I talk to you?" She called out before I could get to the truck door.

"What he'd do? Jess, what'd you do?" Luke looked at me sternly half into his truck.

"Me I didn't do anything old man I'm getting in the truck" I said looking at him confused walking over to lorelai leaving the door open.

"Thank you" she said, hugging me tightly as I froze, not really sure what to do with me and Luke looking at each other confused. "Uh your welcome?"

"She hasn't had it the greatest the last 6 months and I can tell she trusts you she is open to you and well she really needs that right now so thank you for making her feel safe to be herself" lorelai said releasing me and wrapping her cardigan tighter around her.

"Of course," I nodded, heading back to the truck. "Have a good night luke" "you to lorelai"

"Look at you being all trustworthy" Luke teased heading back to the diner.

"Your baseball hats on to tight Lucas" I huffed gruffly as we parked, ignoring his laugh and I booted it up the steps and flopped on my bed.

Wow Emma and Leah, what have you done to me?

Ps: Emma's face claim is going to be mandy Moore's that way when they're older I can use pictures,gifs from this is us!