~chapter one ~

"Bring Jess to Emma's come home supper! Jacksons coming so is sookie ''Lorelai mentioned to the disgruntled diner owner as he stared up the stairs to his small apartment rolling his eyes at the obnoxiously loud music.

"She's finally coming home is she?" Luke asked turning the women pouring her coffee and wiping the counter.

"Yeah tell me about it 4 months and their finally coming home- I don't know how em managed to get out of my mother's vulture like claws but she did" Lorelai smiled dreamily excited to pick her oldest daughter and granddaughter up this evening.

"I still can't believe she went," Luke said, shocked, tossing the towel over his shoulder.

"You're telling us!" Rory said dramatically plopping in the chair next to the girl's mother.

"Uh hello? School, ''Lorelai said looking at her daughter shocked.

"The bus is delayed" the younger Gilmore growled, holding her coffee cup out to the disgruntled Luke giving him her famous Gilmore pout, all three girls were famous for it and he was sure leah would follow.

"5 years off your life" the man grumbled as he headed back into the kitchen.

"We have guests tonight for supper!" Lorelai announced.

"Oh we do?" Rory asked, confused, her face basically nonexistent as it was covered in a coffee cup.

"Yes, Luke and his nephew!" Lorleai announced proudly, taking a bite of her donut.

"Luke has a nephew?!" Rory retorted, shocked as she took a bite out of her mother's donut.

"Hey-" Lorelai exclaimed glaring at her offspring.

"Jeez sharing" Rory rolled her eyes standing up quickly seeing the bus down the road.

"Listen I shared everything with both you and your sister for 8 months" lorelai protested as she glowered at her daughter.

"Tell that to Emma she took up all the room" Rory shrugged, stealing the donut from the plate and running out the door.

~later that evening~

"Emma! Do you have everything?!" Emily Gilmore called up the steps to her granddaughter as Richard Sat at the couch slightly rocking their new and beautiful 4 month old great granddaughter.

"Yep,everything school books,clothes,bottles everything grandma" Emma smiled as she descended the stairs a maid behind her,her hands full of bags.

"And you're sure you don't want to stay longer?" Her grandfather piped in barely able to take his eyes off his new addition.

"Yes dad she's sure!" Lorelai piped up walking into the living room smiling at her oldest.

"Mama!" Emma exclaimed running towards her mother happier than anything movement came so easy and she wasn't so sore and uncomfortable anymore.

"Are you ready to go loin fruit?" Lorelai quipped holding her daughter at arms length.

"Oh lorelai do you have to be so crude?" Emily snarked glaring at her daughter but quickly smiled as Richard walked over with Leah in the car seat.

"Where's Rory tonight lorelai?" Richard looked around his daughter but not seeing the youngest Gilmore anywhere.

"Oh you know puppy love she's out with dean dad" lorelai smiled while excitedly reaching out to take her granddaughter but Richard held her out of reach.

"Dean? You left her alone with a boy?!" Emily said, shocked by the worry ever present on her stiff face.

"Lorelai.." Richard warned but the good man was just too late.

"Yes mom, who knows maybe they're getting pregnant huh?" Her mother had snarked a sarcastic smile on her face as she elbowed her daughter who laughed and went along as usual.

"Yeah mom, I hope you remembered the condoms."

"You two are insufferable!" Emily growled walking over to the front door for both her daughter and granddaughters.

"We will see you on friday won't we grandma" Richard teased Emily as he showed her Leah's car seat.

"Oh bye darling we will miss you. Bye leah..lorelai" emily smiled watching as they clipped everything together in her jeep and got in the car and left towards stars hollow.

"Well that was certainly weird.." Emma muttered looking at the trees passing by.

" they're just trying to make up for what they didnt get with you and rory." Lorelai sighed driving into town.

"So is sookie and Jackson already there?" She asked her mom a knowing smirk on her face.

"Rats..how'd you know" Lorelai pouted and whined, staring at her oldest daughter, not forgetting what happened to her 4 months ago crying in pain and desperately clinging on to every moment of Daniel she had. She looked happy now...at peace.

"Oh I'm the almighty knower" she giggled, staring out the window not helping but smiling as she saw Luke's sign appear in her darkening vision.

"Rory" they both agreed at the same time knowing that one of the daughters was not a great secret keeper.

"Em" Rory screamed running past Luke and Sookie to hug her older sister.

"Rory I missed you" Emma smiled, squeezing her sister whilst rocking her. Only being a mother for 4 months the motherly qualities ran deep in the young almost 17 year old.

"Sookie, Jackson!" Emma couldn't help the homey feel when Sookie wrapped her arms around what felt like her 2nd daughter.

"How are the crops jack" emma quipped as she stuck her tongue out as Jackson took her coat. "Really well thank you emmy, I have some good lemons In the kitchen!" Jackson smirked, bumping her fist with his as a good job.

"Luke, you're here!" She smiled running up to the man she considered a father more so than her own. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he spun her around laughing with her. The father daughter relationship they shared was everything.

"This is my nephew jess." Luke gestured to a very stoic boy who sat in the corner watching the interaction with this girl. Her light brown eyes were captivating the way she held herself and the smile she had made him feel like he was finally home.

"Hi.. I uh didn't mean to gate crash your coming home party your mom she uh"he stuttered out broken sentences holding out hand but she quickly pushed his hand out of the way pulling him In for a hug which shocked him entirely as he tightly wound his arms around her tiny waist, ignoring rory's smirk In the corner of his eye.

"I came bearing a baby!" Lorelai hollered walking in finally with her grandchild having some much needed nana and leah time before she was whisked away.

"Oh come here you darling' sookie soothed as she wasted no time picking up Leah's tiny body lightly bouncing her as Jackson peeked over his wife's arm happily.

"Come on let's go show you your new room" Lorelai exclaimed excitedly pulling Luke and Emma to the steps quickly leaving Jess behind as he stood at the stairs in a haze.

"Someone likes her" rory sang walking over to the dark and dangerous boy.

"No I dont I just met her I barely know her name" he clammed up and rolled his eyes as her arms crossed looking like a pouting toddler.

"Her name's Emma, we all call her em or emmy depending and this is my niece leah-grace" rory said proudly as the baby wrapped her finger around her aunts.

Wait...Emma had a baby? Well that proves to be a bit more of a hassle than originally.. Well if there's a baby there's definitely a dad and one thing Jess knew staring down at that little girl was one look and she had him wrapped around her finger as she began to giggle at him.