11-20

Chapter 11: Chapter 1 Wonderland-10

SoYoon tried with all her might to persuade herself that the boy was not SoHa but still ended up following him. And thus she figured out who he and his little sister were.

March and Dor—they were mere supporting characters, but they were the two people Alice met when she first came into Wonderland. If the story were to go as planned, these two would have to survive in the slum. And these two…SoYoon remembering the ending, guiltily fiddled with her hair.

Are you crazy, Ye SoYoon? You don’t even know if you can go home if the story finishes; what do you expect to get out of it if you change the narration this badly?

But they are so young.

If only he didn’t look like SoHa. If Heart and Mad Hatter had not been acting on a whim…

She went into the kitchen and sent a message to Heart. He replied, saying to do what she pleased. A few moments later, March came out of the room, and she threw out a suggestion to him.

“You come to the neutral zone. Work under me.”

White Rabbit’s tasks were extensive. From delivering cigarettes to the doctor to delivering letters, eradicating thugs, item delivery, alleviating friction, and like a few days ago at Outhouse, helping a psycho clean up his mess, she had plenty to do. And among those chores, there was something that this boy March could do.

March shook his head in surprise upon hearing her suggestion.

“People from the slums cannot leave here.”

“I’ve received permission.”

“Don’t lie! Even if you are the White Rabbit, there is no way you can get permission like that…”

“From Heart.”

Heart was Wonderland’s strongest man.

If you were to wonder who the king of Wonderland was, then nine out of ten would name Heart. SoYoon blurted his name like a free pass at an amusement park, but March received the information with reverence. He asked with an expression full of both hope and suspicion.

“Did Heart really give permission?”

SoYoon, instead of answering, showed him her cellphone message.

/[I’m going to take two kids out from the slums.]

[Do as you please.]

There was no caller ID function on the phone, so neither Heart’s nor her name showed on the screen. March, still unable to believe it, continued to ask.

“How can I tell if this is Heart that sent this?”

From inside the room came a rustling sound. March hurriedly went inside. There was a sound of someone coming.

“You awake, sleepyhead?”

“Yes…”

“You slept so much, yet you are still sleepy? Give it a rest.”

“Brother…”

“What?”

“It’s not fair…Growing all by yourself…”

March didn’t answer and patted Dor on the head.

Dor blinked and asked March, “But brother…Who’s that girl…?”

“Girl…who are you talking about?”

SoYoon stood where Dor was looking. March looked her up and down and asked while pointing.