Chapter 1

I Z U K U  M I D O R I Y A

It was a early and quiet morning, like usual.
I leaned out on my windowsill to breathe in the crisp morning air, like usual.

Then an entarage of horses and trumpets paraded into our humble village, not like usual.

This won't be good.

In the time it took my to run downstairs and run out into the village, a man standing on a footstoll with a ridiculous looking hat and an important looking scroll had already been crowded around.

"A message from the Royal Family!" he exclaimed before unraveling the scroll.

"On behalf of His Highness and Her Majesty, King Masaru and Queen Mitsuki, the Royal Family humbly invites any and all unmated Omegas to the palace tonight."

The crowd began to murmur and I could immediately feel eyes on me. which makes my tail and ears droop.
Fear began to settle in my chest as the announcer's voice was drowned out by my own inside voice.

"Attendance is mandatory."

"Deku, are you okay?" Tsu asked, softly pulling me back to get a look of my face, "I came over when I saw the crowd forming and you looked like you saw a ghost."

"Yeah, I think I just need to take a walk." I replied before making my way into the forest with her following closely behind me.

Our village is small, but still very beautiful.
No wonder as to why we're the first of all the villages to get gifts from the Royals. And day shattering news.

Anyways, there was a forest that lined our village with elegant cedar trees and a beautiful clearing with a river near the middle of the forest.

It was my favourite place to go when I needed to clear my head or evade villagers when they need help setting up community events.
Don't get me wrong-I love to help out, but I always just end up being the heavy lifter.

The day they found out being a male Omega didn't mean I was "weak" and "submissive" and "meek" was the day the music died.

Wow, I'm just yapping away. Anyways-

"Are you sure you're okay? You seemed kinda spooked." Tsu asked.
She always had this way of reading people.
I shrugged my shoulders and sat down on the riverbed.

"It's not everyday we get collected like cattle. Plus, the chances of someone like me being there is slim so of course I'm gonna stick out like a blood rose in a field of daisies."

Tsu frowned and sat down beside me.

"Fair. I wish there was more I could say or do to make you feel better." Tsu said sadly, brushing her fingers through her dark green tail, "But if it matters, I'd pick the blood rose in a field of daisies. Daisies are overrated anyways."

I smiled and she soon smiled back.
If Tsu's good at anything, it's the fact that she could calm anyone's nerves.

Except the nerves that struck when the twig snapped.
We both turn our heads with fluffed tails and ears which quickly calmed as soon as we realized it was only my mother.

Coincidently, there always seemed to be a circle of sunlight following her every move.
She's my hero.

"I saw you two wander off here so I decided to give you some time to talk." she said, her dimples creasing as she smiled. She walked a little closer and rested her tail on my head, "The Elder wants to speak with you when you're ready."

"Probably about the ball." Tsu mentioned and my mom nodded in agreement.
I had no reason to be scared, regardless of the subject. The Elder is a kind man with a heart as strong and big as his mind.

So I nodded and stood up, brushing the grass off of my tail and pants as I walked out of the forest with Tsu and my mom behind me.

Small children waved to me and other villagers greeted me as I made my way through towards our Town Hall on the other edge of the village

It was a grand building, and right around the back was a small, hidden house covered with vines.

Tsu and my mom decided to wait on the steps of the Town Hall, so I stepped over the thin river alone that ran between it and the house.

Not a second passed after I walked up to the door and knocked before it was opened.

I was greeted with a smile bright like the midday sun, "Ah, good day, Young Midoriya."

He had piercing blue eyes and blond hair that was messy in the back with two parts that hung on each side of his face. His ears and tail were the small colour.
He was a father figure to many and to me one I never had.

If I didn't have my mother, I would say The Elder was my hero.

"Good day, Elder. I have been told you wanted to speak with me." I said. He smiled and stepped aside, welcoming me inside his home.

"Indeed I did. I understand you heard the decree that the Royal Family has issued." The Elder asked, sitting down on one of the armchairs next to the window, "I'm aware some of the girls aren't too pleased and I wanted to hear your two cents."

I sat down across from him and sighed.

"I know, I know-if you had a jar to collect all the metophorical two cents people wanted from you regarding Omega based issues, you'd have enough to move to the Hills." he stated, waving his hand in the eastern direction of the Crimson Hills of Tokyo.

A.k.a. Richy McRichville.

"No lie there, sir. Frankly, I don't know how I feel. I know I won't be chosen, so I shouldn't be worried. But it's not everyday we see the Prince, and it's almost like we're being forced into who gets to be the next Royal Throne Filler." I said, sinking deep into the armchair.

The Elder let out a hearty chuckle and shook his head.

"My boy, there's nothing to fear regarding being the next-what was it you said?"
"Royal Throne Filler?"

"Right. And it would be a great honour to the Prince to be in the same room as such as you." The Elder replied, "You're a strong Omega both in mind and body. Many people will shun you for it, but it's incredibly admirable. Dare I say that the Prince wouldn't be able to keep up with you if he tried."

The Elder's words made me smile as I stood up and bowed.

His way of words was his best talent, in my opinion. He could probably talk his way out of death.

"However, don't say you won't be chosen so soon. You never know." he called out just as I made it to the door.

I turned back to him, and by the look on his face I had some sort playful glimmer in my eye.
"I guess we don't. But we'll see." I said. He leaned back in his chair and looked up through the small circle of glass in the ceiling.

"Yes we will, my boy. Yes we will."