𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Start from the beginning

    "And if one of us says no?" I finally speak up, everyone's heads snapping to me at what I just said.

    "Well, I guess it's goodbye to the Prentiss'. No more charity gala's, no more TV shows, movies," Burt says, the tone of his voice dropping as he sounds more menacing than earlier. He looks to me, his eyes dark as he says, "Goodbye music and modeling career."

    You can literally feel the color drain from the entire room, as Burt sits back on his chair, smirking at my mom, dad and I who sat there with shocked expressions and pale faces.

    "I'm sorry, but could you do that?" Harry asks, his gaze never faltering from Burt, he then turns to Jeff and asks 'Can he do that?' in a quiet whisper, but with the lack of noise in the room, I'm sure everybody heard what he said.

    "Yes, actually, we can." Burt responds to Harry, smirking at us, whilst Harry looks terrified.

    "I'm actually in a relationship. I don't think she'll be comfortable with this." Harry says, his tone laced with concern as he looks from Jeff to Burt.

    "Oh, you mean with Camille?" Becky asks, to which Harry nods, "Well, you don't need to worry about her, we actually met with her before this whole meeting. She's fine with it, signed a contract an all. As long as you both keep your relationship private, then it's no big deal. The public just needs to believe your dating McKenna."

    "H-how'd you know I was talking about Camille?" Harry asks, confused, but I know well enough that management has their sources, and they know anything about everyone.

    "So, relationship or not?" Burt asks, sliding the contract in front of Harry and I. I just look at it in complete and utter terror. I look to Harry and saw that he still seemed unsure about what to do.

    "Harry, you don't have to do this." I start, and he looks at me, then to Burt who just shakes his head at what I had said.

    "Harry, seriously, we don't want to put your relationship in jeopardy. I'm sure there are other solutions." My mom speaks up for the first time since we had entered this room, she stands from her chair and stands behind Harry, putting her hands on his shoulders comfortingly, then looking at Burt with utter disgust.

    "Harry, you know you don't have to do this." Jeff says, but Harry still looked conflicted, and everybody started speaking, with Burt urging us to just sign the contract, my mom and Jeff repeating what they had said, my dad and I sitting in silence and just confused as to everything that's going on.

    "Enough!" My dad bellows, his deep and loud voice catching everyone's attention. Everybody but Burt looks to my dad in fear. "Everybody but McKenna and Harry out of the room! Let them both talk it out, it's their lives."

    Everybody scampers on their feet to leave the room, I look to my dad and gave him a small smile and mouth a thank you. He smiles at me, and when his gaze falls on Harry, he scowls. My dad just needs to warm up to Harry.

    As soon as everybody has left the room, I turn to him, ready to speak, but he cuts me off.

    "I know what you're going to say, but, if I don't do this your whole family will be thrown under the bus, and who knows what your management will say about me. A selfish prick who can't even save his friend." He starts to ramble, suddenly overthinking about how his career is going to end and how people are going to hate him for being so selfish. Hang on, what.

    "Harry I-" I couldn't get a word in because he was just rambling.

    "Harry!" I exclaim, making him stop talking and he turns to me, his brows furrowed in confusion as I take my hand and place it on his cheek, cupping his jaw and his brows relax.