𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Start from the beginning

    We finish recording Mitch's guitar and bass for the song, all that's left were the drums then the album is done. I grab my keys from the table, and say my goodbyes to Jeff, Mitch and Kid.

    I hop in the car and drove to Camille's house, which wasn't that far of a drive. I reach her house and walk up to her front door, knocking twice to which she answers, as if she was anticipating that I was there already.

    She opens the door, a smile on her lips, I smile back at her and nod to my car, she exits her house and locks the door.

    "So, how's the album?" She asks as she buckles her seatbelt, turning to me.

    "Really great actually, just finished recording earlier today. Just have to finalize a few details and it's done." I respond, revving the engine and we leave her house. Camille nods, and she remains quiet the entire ride to the cafe. She seems nervous, playing with her nails and biting her lower lip.

    I thought about taking her to the Beachwood, but paparazzi might be there, so I opted for a different cafe. And because the Beachwood was Kenna and I's place.

    We arrive at the cafe, a nervous smile never leaving Camille's lips. We were directed to seat at the far back of the cafe, away from people.

    "So," she starts, putting down the menu and looking at me, "I hear you've buddied up with McKenna Prentiss, eh?"

    I notice her smile falter for a split second, before she replaces it with a smirk, I shook my head in denial.

    "She's a really good friend, nothing more to that." I say and she just nods, apprehensively. We order our food and were engulfed in another silence.

    The thing with Camille is that whenever we hang out, or go on coffee "dates" like these, it's always silent. Sometimes that comfortable silence, but sometimes it's really awkward. It's like I never know what to say to her.

    Well, what do you say to a model? Granted with Kenna it's different. We always find our way to mix in what we both love, music, and her modeling career. With Kenna, I can talk about anything under the sun, with Camille, it's like I need to have this filter.

    "Harry?" She speaks up, breaking me from my trance, and I look to her, a nervous look on her face, "I gotta get something off my chest."

    I look to her confused, but I nod for her to continue.

    "Well, okay, so, ever since Alexa introduced us that night, I couldn't stop thinking about you you know? Then we started talking, started hanging out, I don't know I think, I think I like you H." She said that as I was taking a drink of my water, and I choked, water almost coming out of my nose.

    "I-erm, what?" I ask, and she looks at me, a flash of fear suddenly washing through her eyes, but she then shakes her head.

    "I like you Harry. You probably don't feel the same way which is why I thought this was stupid, but also I just wanted to be honest with my feelings." She says, looking at me with a nervous smile, so this is why she was nervous.

    Like I told Kenna a few days ago, I like Camille, I do. She's gorgeous, but she's no Kenna.

    Hold on, what? When have I ever liked Kenna? We spend one night together and I already like her, no Harry. Plus you told Kenna yourself, best friends right? Camille is the most obvious choice, she laid out her feelings already, and Kenna just sees you as a friend.

    "Camille, I-" I stop myself, Camille looks at me with concern, worried as to why I suddenly stopped myself and became quiet.

    "Look, Harry you don't have to say-" I cut her off, surprising her and myself.