"Here's your mask, Rhodes," said Aaron while turning his back around to hand it to her. It was black and lacy.

Spencer stepped out of the car, his mask in hand.

"Wait," Emily blurted out before the girl followed after him. "Let me fix your lipstick." She ran her thumb under Vanessa's lips to fix the red lipstick that was smudging.

"Thank you," she smiled before walking out.

The back door was still opened when Vanessa exited. Reid grabbed the mask from her and fixed it on her face. He pulled the top layers of her hair over the lining so the mask didn't mess it up.

She soon did the same to him and fixed his mask. Morgan and Prentiss were making comments to each other while watching the two help each other.

"Okay," Spencer breathed out, "Let's get going."

He held out his arm for her to grab onto, she held onto it before walking up the streets to the building.

Once they got closer, they saw the security guards tossing people out the minute a beep came from the metal detectors.

"Spence," she nudged him after noticing what they were doing.

"We have to take these off," he whispered to her.

The team was in the SUV screaming to them to not take them off. Of course the two couldn't hear them, and they did so anyway.

Vanessa started to undo hers and tossed it in a nearby trash can, Spencer doing the same.

"What the hell are they doing?" Morgan said to the team after hearing what the two just said.

"Something must've happened," said Hotch.

"Do we go in?" Emily asked, prepared to leave.

"No," Hotch spoke again. "Give it a bit, they're gonna wanna take their time choosing their victims."

Spencer and Vanessa got to the front. The body guards inspected them closely before clicking a button on their coat. They both didn't know what it was for, but Spencer pulled the girl a little closer to him.

After no beeping went off at the metal detectors, they were in.

"Okay," The girl sighed. "Blend in. And remember...we're supposed to be dating."

Reid nodded, still having her arm in his.

"Let's a get a drink," she said again.

The two walked over to the small bar stand and ordered a martini for the both of them.

"Any signs of the Connellys?" He whispered to her before sipping on his drink.

Nessa looked around unsuspiciously. "Nope."

After waiting for a while, Melissa was seen at the top of the staircase looking down on the guests.

"Stairs," Vanessa coughed out while scooting closer into Spencer. His gaze went up to see, and he quickly looked away before she would realize.

"Dance with me," Vanessa said.

"What?"

"I said...Dance with me."

"But— I don't know how to dance," he rambled.

"It's fine," she assured him. "Give me your hand." While she leaned in, he gave her his hand.

Vanessa pulled him slowly into the middle of the dance floor as a slow, romantic song started to play.

"Follow my lead," she whispered before placing his hand on her hip and fixing hers on his shoulder—Their free hands locking together. "Spence," she laughed slightly after he rose his hand that was on her hip and distancing them slightly. "We're in love remember?"

Spencer knees almost buckled completely after hearing say they were 'in love.'

"I know— I know," he said while putting his hand back down and leaning closer to her so their bodies were touching. "I just— I don't wanna upset you...or Nathan."

"You won't...we're undercover, after all."

The two swayed together to the song. Vanessa started to lean her head into his chest and Spencer had no idea what to do. He's never danced with a girl before, and her movements were so unexpected. They were supposed to be dating, but he couldn't take a way the knowledge that they really weren't.

"When do you think Hotch and them will come?" she asked him, still resting on his chest.

"Hopefully soon."

Nessa could hear his heart beating quicker. Having no idea what the actual reason was, she suspected that he was just nervous about the mission. Even though the real reason was because of what she was doing to him.

Later on, Spencer and Vanessa were sitting and being on the look out before one of the security guards from the front door approached them.

"The Connellys would like to see you," he said causing the two to raise a brow.

Standing up, they followed the guard up the stairs and down the hall into a huge room. The married couple turned around as they walked in.

"Ahh," The man said after the guard left, locking the door from the outside. "Perfect."

Spencer gripped onto the girls hand, worried for her sake.

AN: in case u need visuals