Chapter 2- Roomates

Chapter Two- Roomates

"Here's your dorm. Your roommate's probably out right now." I nodded as Mr. Barnes walked back down the hall, probably to take a nap or some shit.

"Well, let's get unpacking!" My mother said, handing me the key we'd been given earlier.

I unlocked the door and stepped into the room, glancing around at the somewhat clean room. A few shirts lied around on the floor, but other than that, the desk and the rest of the large room was pretty much spotless.

"Oh, wow. Not what I was expecting from a teenage boy." My mom smiled at the clean room. A large desk with two chairs sat next to the bed which I assumed was mine, considering there was no sheets or any of that fun stuff.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Once I'd finally gotten my stuff all put away and looking pretty clean, my mother finally decided to leave.

"Goodbye, Jay Jay. I love you!" She scooped me into a suffocating hug. I stiffened awkwardly in her embrace, wishing desperately for her to let go.

I looked up from my mom's hug and made eye contact with someone standing outside my room, his hands in the pockets of his black jeans. My eyes locked with his hazel ones, which matched perfectly with his tan skin. His lips tugged into a smirk at the sight of me squirming in my mother's arms.

My mom finally released me from her death grip and sniffles, tears filling her bright blue eyes.

"Don't forget to call, Jay. I love you, sweetie!" She wiped her face, slightly smudging her too dark foundation.

"I won't." I promised her. She smiled and turned and headed out the door. I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed, swinging my legs. Finally some peace-

My thoughts we're interrupted by someone laughing from the doorway. Oh, right, I forgot about him.

"Was that your mom?" The hoy asked, still laughing.

"Yep." I said, confused on why he was laughing.

"'I wuv you, sweetie'," he said, mocking her high pitched voice. I chuckled to myself.

"Moving a little fast there, buddy." I said sarcastically. Yeah, normally someone mocking your mom would piss some off, but I didn't really care enough to put up a fight. He brushed off my comment and continued.

"Not even gonna defend your mommy, sweetie?" He said, raising an intimidating eyebrow.

"No. Too tired." I yawned and stretched my arms, further proving my point. He scoffed, moving from his spot in the doorway, pulling out his phone, and flopping down on his bed, not even bothering to get to know his roommate. I couldn't help but notice his well defined abs from where the corner of his shirt lifted a little. I moved my eyes up to his face to find him looking at me, arching his brow.

"What?" He asked aggressively.

"N-nothing." I stuttered, my face flushing pink. He just puffed out his breath and turned back to his phone, eyes roaming the bright screen.

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my own phone. It's too tiring talking to assholes like him. Best to just ignore him.

//
Thanks for reading!! Make sure to check out my other stories if you like it!

So I caught my dad watching Hamilton lol I'm rubbing off on him. Is it just me or does the very last song make you so sad ;( I cry every time lol. Also my cats sleeping in a very fucking weird position right now it's like he's playing dead.

❤️