Watts: My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless.

Salem: It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment.

Cinder is unhappy about this and lowers her head. Emerald looks at her in sympathy.

Salem: Dr. Watts, you are to take Cinder's place and meet with our informant in Mistral.

Watts: Very good.

Salem: Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the Spring Maiden.

Tyrian: Gladly.

Salem: And Hazel, I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure that Sienna Khan feels the same.

Hazel: As you wish.

Cinder raises a finger. Emerald fails to notice this gesture for a moment.

Emerald: Oh!

Emerald leans in to hear her. Cinder rasps into her ear. Emerald straightens.

Salem: Speak, child.

Emerald: She wants to know... What about the girl?

Watts: What about her? Seems to me that this is Cinder's problem, not ours.

Cinder slams her fist onto the table and glares at Watts, who grins at her.

Salem: That's enough. Tyrian?

Tyrian: Yes, my lady?

Salem: Spring can wait. Find the girl that did this to Cinder.

Tyrian giggles elatedly and claps.

Salem: And bring her to me.

Tyrian freezes, groans disappointedly, pouts for a second, then looks back up at Salem with an acquiescent shrug.

Salem: Because of your efforts, Beacon has fallen. And Haven will be next.

Everyone rises as Tyrian snickers at Cinder and points to his left eye.

Tyrian: Eye for an eye.

Tyrian goes into an uncontrollable fit of manic laughter, while Cinder grits her teeth.

???: How the hell did this woman find you?

Tyrian: Don't you talk-

Tyrian didn't finish at a knife embedded itself into his chair. No one moved and waited to see what happened.

???: I am not of your world, I don't see why I have to address people as they wish. Besides, I purposely missed your head.

Salem: Tyrian, it's fine.

Everyone left the room except Salem and the man.

Salem: Now where is Necross?

???: He had some business to take care of.

Elsewhere

Vernde Celtin and Neo Politan were helping farmers in the field.

Neo: So Vernde, why are we helping with the farming and not hunting the Grimm with the others?

Vernde removed his gloves and wiped away the sweat off his forehead.

Vernde: Neo, sometimes it's the simple things in life you have to appreciate. Besides, farming is a lot easier than hunting Grimm.

Neo: How so?