Chapter - 6: Temporary Substitute

Start from the beginning

"Ah, there you are. I was wondering where you..." She suddenly silenced her voice and covered her mouth when her assistant raised her head. A brief snort of held in laughter was heard. 

"Oh, my, I'm not sure if that's a look you can present to the patients..." She remarked. Reisen's cheeks flushed red a little.

"Ah-- um, well, Master, can you excuse me for..." 

"Sure, go on." She dismissed as the lunar rabbit scurried off at the speed of light, almost uprooting the grass itself from her sprint. Once again, the sophisticated Lunarian's composure broke with an audible snort.

"Pfft, 'Use hole here.', I feel bad for Reisen..." 

Soon enough, the ever-fleeting silence was broken by the shriek of a horrified and embarrassed lunar rabbit. 

"TEEEEEEWWWWWIIII!!!!" 

---

After rubbing her face with a wet towel repeatedly -and almost going on a mad Earth rabbit hunt if it weren't for her prioritizing Eirin's orders first', Reisen returned to the Lunarian doctor with fuming ears and a sour face. 

"So, Master," She controlled her tone, making sure none of her ill emotions got through her mouth. "is there something that you need?" 

"Oh, right. I wanted to tell you something." She looked over her shoulder as they were walking. "I won't be here to manage the clinic."

"Um, what?" One of her bunny ears drooped a little as her head tilted. "What do you mean you won't be here?"

"I have some business outside of Eientei that needs to be settled. I'm sorry for bringing this up so suddenly." She stated. 

"O-oh... I see. So I have to manage the clinic by myself?" Reisen asked. 

"No, someone else will be filling the position for me." 

"Someone else?" 

"Well," Her eyes narrow. "he should've been here minutes ago." 

"...You mean (Y/n)?" 

The Lunarian nodded. "Of course. That man is usually the punctual type. I wonder what's keeping him..?" 

As if on cue, the man in question appeared, landing outside of the exterior halls. He quickly wears an apologetic smile. 

"Doctrine! Reisen! Good morning! Sorry that I'm late."

Eirin crossed her arms over her chest. "Water under the bridge, although I do want to know what caused the delay." 

"Ah, well, let's just say I got dragged into some youkai fiasco on the way here." He answered with a soft sigh at the end. The Lunarian doctor shook her head before glancing over towards Reisen.

"He'll be the one managing the patients if there are any, you just assist him just like you would assist me regularly, alright?" 

"Yes, Master. I understand." She nodded obediently. 

"Well, then, I'll be leaving. I will return by evening so take care of the place, will you, Udonge?" 

"I will, Master." She repeated. 

Eirin smiled. "Good." 

And thus, the Lunarian doctor that usually oversees Eientei went away. The one that usually keeps the place in check, the responsible parent of the house, some would refer to as. Reisen was like the eldest child, the second in command if Eirin were to be gone since Kaguya was too carefree and irresponsible and Tewi was... Tewi.