I - Moving?

Mack pov

I walked into first period dreading the day ahead of me. The biggest bitch in school more known as Jesse has been 'out to get me' for an entire year now. Her boyfriend asked me a question about the homework and I ended up tutoring him, it was innocent, and all of a sudden I became her enemy.

Everyday she bullies and torments me and I can't do anything because I know I'll rip her to shreds if I do.

"Hey whore" she smirked walking beside me and sitting behind me. I payed attention most of class. Trying to not mind her constant teasing and mumbling under her breath about me.

"Hey can I borrow a pencil?" She asked

"no" I scoffed. i may not take up for myself enough but i'm not a complete push over.

"Why?"

"because your a bitch"

"well your a whore who flirts with other girls boyfriends" she smiled and my teeth started grinding together as instinct.

"And your a possessive, controlling, freak who any boy would dumb within 3 hours of having your name in their Instagram bio"

"Your fat" she said quickly then made a face knowing she sounded 12 years old.

"I can loose weight, but you can't fix ugly."

"your a worthless piece of shit no one cares about"

"the only reason why you have friends is because you have money" I started getting under her skin

"the only reason why no one beats your ass is because Matt is the hot jock of the school" she clenched her teeth.

"At least people want to kick my ass. No one even bothers with you"

"what's that supposed to mean?!" She screamed flailing her arms

"It means no one is willing to give you the time of day and that means no one cares about you because your a bitch" I said getting up and leaving with the bell. great timing on my part.

I walked to lunch and met up with grey. Grey is an old friend of mine. We met when he moved here in 6th grade and are still close. "How was first period with Jesse?" He asked as we sat at the lunch table.

"Ehh" I shrugged

"at least her and her group of fakes didn't gang up on you again" he said soft smiling with a chuckle

"yea I guess.. Uhm how is your day so far?"

"it's school Mack, nothing exciting ever happens besides you and Jesse drama" i smiled at that and rolled my eyes.

-

I walked out of the school after the last bell of the day rang. I saw Matt walking with a group of guys so I went over to walk with him to his car.

"Hey Matty" I bumped into his side

"hey baby sis! how was your day?" he threw an arm around my shoulder.

"fine" i reached for my phone but didn't find it in my jean pocket where I always have it.

"Shit" i patted around all my pockets

"I left my phone, wait for me ok?" I said and he nodded continuing to walk as I jogged back into the school.

matt pov

I had been sitting in the car waiting for Mackenzie for over 20 minutes so I went back into the silent lonely school.

i heard laughing then screaming so I ran, following the voices

i heard laughing then screaming so I ran, following the voices. I turned the corner to a group of 5 girls kicking Mackenzie on the ground. My brain started to thump in my head and my veins were boiling with anger.

"Hey!" I screamed starting to run to them. They all backed away as I picked up my crying sister. She was holding her stomach tightly with a bruise on her arm already starting to turn blue.

"Hey Matt" Jesse said batting her eyes. i could have murdered her in that moment. no one messes with my sister.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I screamed, holding back every ounce of pain I wanted to unleash onto her. mackenzie scrambled out of my arms once she regained her composure.

"We both know she deserved it" she shrugged and gave mackenzie a nasty look. mackenzie brought her arm back then sucker punched jesse right on the side of her nose. thank god.

"burn in hell" Mackenzie spat and i fought every single urge I had to rip all of their fucking heads off. i took a step towards them, not able to think clearly.

"Don't" Mack said moving her head to the side in a pitiful way, and I looked down at her soft eyes. As much as I wanted to kill this bitch squad, i have to let mack do her own thing. I turned and we left.

We got home and I helped her walk in

"I'm fine. stop helping me" She said as I dragged her into the kitchen. I picked her up under her arms and sat her on the kitchen counter then got wet towels to wipe the blood and cuts from her face.

"Jesus, they really got you this time. what happened?" I asked her as mom walked in from work.

"I was going to my locker to get my phone and they came out of the bathroom. One held my hands behind my back while the other four punched me and when she let me go I fell to the ground from shock and they started kicking me in the stomach.. but you can bet your ass i got a couple punches on them!" She said wincing at the pain.

"Who?!" Mom said in shock coming into the kitchen. "Some girls at school" Mackenzie said

"Jesse and her little group!?" Mom asked angrily

"yea mom"

Mom stormed to her room probably to call the principle.

"They have my phone Matt" Mackenzie said sadly.

"Wanna post on twitter or something?" I asked her handing her my phone.

We sat in the living room talking about pointless things and watching tv until mom came out of her room still mad as ever.

"I have an idea" she said coming and sitting beside us, "i've been thinking about this for a while, but i think it's time we finally consider it. What if you move to LA?!"

"WHAT?!" Me and Mackenzie both said in shock

"Both of you could go even" she said smiling with excitement.

"what about school?" Mack asked

"I'm trying to get you as far away from it as possible" mom said. I laughed a little at how ridiculous this is. Mckenzie and I move to California?

"Look it's not up for discussion your going for a new start. I'll get you a home schooling program you can do and a tutor if you what and you guys can live up there happily." she said.

"Mom.." Mack had the most confused look on her face and didn't even know what to say.

"mackie I want you to go" mom said with finality and authority in her voice.

"I want you to be happy. I want you to get away from the bullying"

Mackenzie just nodded.

"Matt you don't have to go" Mackenzie said

"actually it would be perfect if we could go after my graduation. I've always wanted to move out there"

"Perfect! you finish school here and in two weeks when you graduate you two can move out there" mom clapped her hands together and smiled

"Mom we'll be so far away from you" Mack frowned

"You've done it before sweetie you'll be fine! and i will come visit you all the time! i got promoted at work so i'm going to be traveling to L.A. a lot more often"

"will you be ok though? here by yourself?" mackenzie asked

"of course!" mom smiled. I could tell she didn't want this to actually happen but it's the best solution

"And it would be nice for me to help you get started in your homeschooling for the two weeks you'll be here" mom added.

"We better get packing" Mack said like she couldn't believe what was happening. I don't blame her.. I can't believe what I'm hearing either.