chapter 1- its an average day

Come on! Katie finds herself yelling at her Mom.She rushes up to the door with no time to spare.Even though she is very tempted to go pet Brodie who is sitting at the gate. She pats him on the head and puts her pin in the gate. When she opens thedoor parker is behind the front desk looking at the Calendar. You got the tour Kate parker Says. Don't call me Kate or I will call you park. OK ok chill katie . sorry I'm a little pissed off my mom told me she was getting me a car when I turn 16 next month but now she says she's gonna give me her crappy mini van. Changing the subject she says when's the tour. Its at 12 so you got some time and that's great you can help me clean the cages he says with a grin on his face. Trying to bargain I told him only if I get to hose. He said it was all cool and so we went to the kennals. Hey Ryan will you move sherbert to the play pin. How bout you do it Katie. Don't Kidd with me like that. It was a rule that only people who where done with high school get in the pin so I had two years left, and I couldn't wait! Ryan moved Sherbert, then we went in the pin. The stinch if lions and tigers creeped up on us, and blasted us with a shot of the terrible smell. What I do for you Ryan. We both start to laugh. He runs over to the hose, and his dark brown hair bounces up and down in the wind. I use to like him, but now we are to good of friends, and I don't wanna mess that up. He sprays a little water on me, and then gives me a smile with his perfect white teeth. Get to work you two Ryan calls, we have no time for flirting. We both blush a little, then get back to work. Before we know it the inercome says in a broken radio kind of sound Katie please come to the office. When I reach the office I see a unfamiliar face wearing a volunteer shirt. This is Noah he is new you go show him around. It took me a while to reply I was to busy looking at his beautiful blonde hair and, getting lost in his blue eyes. OK I say is that really all I should say or should I act like I don't care or maybe act helpless, nah I'm just gonna be me. Okay Noah since you are 16 you are not allowed to go in the kennels but there are many ways for you to help. Oh my gosh he is 16 that's perfect. Now my favorite part is the cubs so come look. We reach the cubs cabin and I can't help but feel a little jealously in the air when Parker sees me walking with Noah. Parker excuses him self then goes to the lunch hall. I started peting on of the cubs when a strange look appeared on Noah's face, so you and him are... I cut him off there no no no we are just close friends. Oh that's cool. Noah picks up one of the cubs and it licks his nose with its sandpaper tounge. He then puts the cub up to my face and it licks my nose too. I looked at the clock and realized it was late and before I could even say something my walkie talkie started beeping when I picked it up it was the boss that's our nick name for Julie. Hey you have a hungry crowed of tourist wanting a tour and bring Noah along too. Copy I said trying to look cool but I wasn't so cool when I started laughing so hard that I looked crazy. We walked all the way to the front and with every step heard the munch of the fresh graval that was laid out lafinnialy Then we were getting close to the front and something unexpected happened. Noah looked at me and said okay let's get rid of this awkward silence and he started singing a song and it became like one of those cheesey movie but his voice was perfect and I had to sing with him and then we started laughing and we couldn't stop then we were at the front so I said hey after this tour let's hang out and make some more moments. He looked at me with a smile and said so that was a moment then he turned and walked away. That tour felt like it took so long, but when it finnialy ended I rushed to look for Noah. Then I asked Julie and she said he was in the parking lot and when I walked out the door he was there waiting. Leaning up against a red jeep wrangler with a black soft top. He smiled as we got in the car and asked where I wanted to go. I said anywhere. After a few miles of driving he turned onto a old dirt road and went a while longer than stopped he told me to lay down on the seat and look up and it was pretty late so I saw all these amazing stars and then I noticed the car was still moving and coming up onto a ledge I panicked and asked him if he was crazy and he sat there still and I jumped out he was an inch from the ledge then he got up and pressed the break. You only have one life live it young wild and free. Yeah not stupid we laughed. He dropped me of at my house and as usual dad was at work and mom was drunk and high on some drug. My little sister was in her room watching TV and I just microwaved a couple of pizza rolls then went to bed.