Chapter 13

"Papa" I softly called out to him, my back leaning against the door frame. "Rin..." his body moved quickly, arms encircled my form and pulled me closer to his warm body. "I'm glad...are you alright..?" voice barely above a whisper I understood his silent question. "I am, this is my real self and Kaasan made sure that I learned to love it and bear it proudly" I took a peek behind him. His vampire hunter weapon that I've only ever seen once lay tucked in. "I foresaw this since the beginning and yet I don't think I have the strength" guiding him closer to the weapon hidden under the bandages I let his fingers graze the hilt. "I know you do" letting his hand go I moved back and let him take his time. "Well if my daughter believes I do than who am I-' he grasped the handle 'to let her down"

>>>> TIME SKIP >>>> 

"Ichiru" his head snapped up, body instinctively turning in my direction hand on the hilt of his weapon. "Mistress" nodding to him silently I stood to the side and let Kaname walk past me. "Ichiru Kiryu....I want you to open that coffin would you do that for me" his lavender eyes glanced at me briefly- I blinked slowly- he sighed before doing as asked.

"You seek to destroy Lord Rido do you not, Kaname Kuran" Kaname walked closer his calm expression unchanging. "Ichiru" he walked to my side soon after. 'Are you okay??' he offered me a small smile and directed his attention back to Kaname. "If I had killed this man sooner, than Shizuka's fate might have been different" my body stiffened at his words. Hand intertwining with Ichiru's in search for comfort.

"Finally the time that you have awaited eagerly has come...the time is now" the blade from Ichiru's belt was taken by him and raised in the air. The silver blade catching the light of the room well- the door creaked open- before he brought it down on Rido. "Kaname what are you doing?"

The blade had pierced the hand laying flat on Rido's chest over his heart. "I can tear this man to a thousand pieces but cannot deal the final blow...so as a result I've decided to resurrect him as he wished" my eyes dully watched as Kaname's blood spilled from the wound. 'Kaname??' his wine-red eyes met mind for a second before lowering to our uncle's body. "There is no need to worry Rin, everything will be fine. Now take it Rido you defiled everything in a relentless pursuit of this...purest blood of the Kuran's"

The blood gurgled for a moment, the veins bulging from his body. "Everything was for this moment" coming to stand next to him I let my hand rest on his head. My finger played with the long strands of dark brown hair, the silky tresses tangled with my fingers yet he did not seem to mind. "Kaname...what is this for?" his blood sprayed through the air as he yanked his hand from the blade. "I put my blood I him so the next night he won't have to use Senri's body" my hand fell from his head as he stood.

"I see, we purebloods are quite revolting...even from such a state we can be reawakened" "Rin" ignoring their chatter I moved closer to Senri's limp body laying on the maroon colored sheets. "Will Senri wake up soon?" I let my hand caress his cheek as I questioned Kaname. "Yes he will" I felt his presence near me. A hand snatched my hand away from the unconscious boy and pulled me to the door. "Come now we have much to prepare for" "Okay"

"Mistress what do wish for me to do for now?" "Keep playing the part" kneeling down with a hand over his heart he nodded. "Be safe Ichiru" "Yes of course"

-----___-----__----- 

"I always felt something strange from you never could I have imagined that you were our ancestor, does it mean that 'Kaname' was killed so you could awake?" "That's right, soon after your births I regained some of my past memories before fully awakening" looking down I processed the information. Kaname's younger self appearing on my mind. Does it mean that he was our ancestor since me and Yuki grew up? Brother Kaname was never really there then...

"Rin for me this never changed a thing, I am still your brother" meeting his calm eyes I did not respond. "Rin is something the matter?" using my hand that was still in his grasp he pulled my bother closer to his. His fingers raised my chin- not necessary for we are almost the same height- enticing me to look at him. "Rin" head lowered down, his hot breath fanning over my lips. My expression remained neutral despite the conflict arising within my mind. Raising my hand to his hair I let the strands tangle with my fingers again. His eyes closed at my touch.

However, they snapped open when I sharply tugged at them. "What do you think you're doing?" I strained out chasing away the blissful moment-for him-and glaring at him. "Was there something wrong I did?" he shamelessly pondered his words coated in mockery. "Is improper to invade a girls space like this. I absolutely detest it" "I see" I could see his delight on my reaction to his 'charming' actions. He was lucky I did not knock him back with more force, I do not want to deal with the other loyal vampires. "You said we had much to do and as it seems we have to find Yuki"

======+++======

Zero's body collided with the ground harshly and yet he did not cry out in discomfort. Yagari's footsteps echoed throughout the empty cell-like room. "What are you getting so worked up about....just who the hell do you think I am?" he gruffly voiced to the otherwise limp boy. "I can hunt you whenever I like. The hunter association president and the Senate are all in this together. This whole world is rotten"

The click of his gun was heard, and Zero's body tensed noticeably. "Don't get me wrong I will continue to hunt down vampires but not you. You are a vampire not a vampire hunter"

My body trembled at his words, disbelief coursing through my veins. Relaxing when his footsteps started to head to the door, I sighed. "And stop lying to yourself, we both know how much that girl means to you. I want my two pupils to get along again so make up or I'll kill you" blood ran cold, and head snapped up. My very complexion must have seem pathetic and confused for my master chuckled lowly before exiting.

"Make up with..Rin is that even possible?" I quietly mumbled to myself.

<<<***<<<

"Zero" her single eye closed indicating that she was smiling.

+++++

"I'll be here" her small handheld mine tightly as I sat on the ground. My body shook with horrible memories. "F-Forever...?" her head bobbed up and down. "Forevermore"

+++++

"It's better this way. Hate me, curse me and fear me just never forget that I am the one to blame" her eyes met mine, unshed tears coating the corners of her eyes.

>>>***>>>

My hands gripped my head, head aching with images of Rin flashing through my mind. "Shut up...go away" my throat hurt as I strained out every word to not be heard. "Your fault...it is....your fault and mine as well"