; three

S A M

"Well then boys, I got a story to tell." Sam announced then sat down where Big Glasses sat when he was telling his story. "When I was three, I was gave up to adoption for some reason. The place where orphans were kept was horrible, I wanted to run away. And I did. Of course I was being searched for but I never got caught, thank god, but ever since then, I have been living right outside The Valley dump." Sam sighed as she thought about where she lived everyday.

"I wear the same clothes everyday because duh, I live on the streets, so my clothes are really old because since I've had them since I was ten. And the shoes also, the laces are split and it has many holes. Oh, and I almost forgot! My hair is regularly curly, but there is this family that welcomes me anytime." She smiled slightly, she loved that family.

"The mother does my hair sometimes and I go there everyday to shower and sometimes wash my clothes. So, you guys think you got it rough, having to live here trying not to bump into The Beast when I'm living on the streets. I'm just lucky a family is nice enough to welcome me into their home." Sam finished with her arms crossed.

"Wow..." Everyone gaped.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't know." Red Head apologized.

"It's fine erm.." Sam trailed off. She didn't know their names, she just stuck to the nicknames she gave them.

"Hamilton, but the boys call me Ham."

"Wait. Why don't we all introduce ourselves?" Benny suggested. Everyone nodded, agreeing.

"I'm Mike. Call me Squints." Big Glasses said first.

"Timmy." The blonde boy said next.

"Tommy." The smaller similar boy said after.

"Alan. Call me Yeah-Yeah." The Yeah kid said.

"Bertram." The boy with small round glasses, waved.

"Kenny. Call me DeNunez." The pitcher said.

"Benjamin. Call me Benny." Benny finished with a smile.

He had a really nice smile. Sam thought he was cute, his tan skin, his smile, his voice, his love for baseball, everything about him was attractive to her. Butterflies started to erupt in Sam's stomach as Benny kept staring at her with that smile.

I think I'm growing a crush, Sam thought.

"Anyway, The Beast it still real. Sam, stick your head out that window and look down." Squints points to the window behind me.

Sam did, and the empty backyard was still empty but only steam was coming out of what looked like a dog house. Growls and the rattling of chains were heard.

"He's down there!" Scott whispered, making Sam jump and fall backwards. She closed her eyes, waiting for her head and back to hit the ground. But she didn't. She slowly opened her eyes and was met with hazel green ones.

She scrambled back up to see that it was Benny that caught her. She smiled shyly as her cheeks got warm.

"You bet he is." Squints whispered.