Chapter 2

Masane POV

"Melony! You home?!" Tozawa said, "Oh hey Tozawa, I know you said you'd stop by, but I didn't think you meant a day after you found us." I said as I walked downstairs with (y/n), "Oh my God! She really is alive!" a woman said, "Kyoko?" I said, "Masane I'm so glad you're alright!" She said as she hugged me, "Tozawa told me everything, Yuuki has been trying to cheer Rihoko up, but she just hasn't been the same." She said, "I know, Tozawa told me. But I wanna give her a bit of time and see how she does without me." I said, "I mean it's not like I can just show up and say, 'Hey Rihoko I'm alive and you have a baby brother now!' this is difficult for both of us, but I know she'll be alright." I said, "I take it this is your new little one then?" She said, "Yep, this is (y/n), he decided that I'd be his new mother." I said, "Well why don't we go to the park and we can get caught up." She said, "That sounds nice." I said.

"Ok sweetie go play." I said as I let (y/n) run freely, "Masane I know you wanna give Rihoko space, but you're her mother and she needs you." Kyoko said, "I know, but I'm afraid that she'll be upset and hurt. I mean she thinks I'm dead, and here I am alive and well and with a brand new baby!" I said, "She'll forgive you and she'll love being a big sister." she said, "I don't think it'll be that easy this time. I died, for fifteen seconds I was dead. That's leaps and bounds different than not telling her about my job and what I did." I said, "Then take it slow. Explain to her what happened, introduce her to (y/n), and show her that you are still her mother." she said, "You make it sound so simple, but actually doing it is going to be a lot harder." I said, "I know, but it's something that needs to be done." she said, "I know." I said, "Mama." (y/n) said as he tugged on my pant leg, "Are you hungry sweetie?" I asked, "Yeah." he said, "Well I'm not the best cook in the world, but when we get home I'll make us some lunch. How does that sound?" I said as I picked him up, "You're a good mother Masane. And right now Rihoko needs exactly that. She needs a good mother." Kyoko said, "I know, but I can't be the best mother in the world if I don't have a child. I'll tell her eventually but for now, I have to give all of my attention to (y/n). You are more than welcome to join us for lunch if you want." I said, "That sounds lovely." she said.

"So Masane what happened? I've heard bit and pieces of what happened, but nothing reliable." Kyoko asked, "I called all the X-Cons to the tower. I fully expect to die that night, it was pure luck that I survived. But it's all my fault that (y/n)'s parents are dead." I said, "Masane it's not your fault." she said, "Yes it is! If I didn't do what I did then (y/n) would still have his parents." I said, "You don't know that. Yes, what happened was a tragedy, but you found each other and are better for it." she said, "For now at least. I have maybe one more transformation left in me if I'm lucky. I could turn to dust at any second. I could die today, or tomorrow, or even ten years from now. I just don't know how long I have. So I'm choosing to spend my time with (y/n) and as soon as I'm ready I'll return to my daughter with her brother." I said as I finished preparing lunch.