GILBERT! BRING THE WATERMELONS! THESE FUCKERS DON’T WANT TO GET UP!” Roy shouted.

“Watermelons?” Charlie whisper-shouted, “You didn’t say anything about throwing watermelons”

“Shut up, Charlie”

“He’s joking, just to make them get up… I hope” Moody explained, his voice low.

“COMING!” Gilbert shouted. The freshmen started to get up their beds when they heard him. Roy laughed when he saw his plan worked; they obviously were not going to throw watermelons at them.

“GET DRESSED! AND USE SPORTS CLOTHES, YOU’RE GOING TO RUN SOME LAPS!”

“At 4 in the morning?!” someone complained.

“Yes, dumbass, at four in the morning, and for that comment, you earned yourself 30 more minutes for this afternoon’s activity, congratulations!” Roy responded.

“OK, MOVE!” Gilbert shouted this time, “YOU HAVE TWENTY MINUTES TO GET DRESSED AND TO EAT SOMETHING BEFORE YOU HAVE TO START RUNNING!”

“WAKE UP, GIRLS!” Diana shouted.

“IT’S HAZING TIME, BITCHES!”  Winnie added. “YOU’RE GOING TO RUN SOME LAPS TODAY!”

They had the entire hazing week planned. The first day it was the toughest, running laps at four in the morning for two hours before having to go to class… is not something everyone would like to do on their first day of university.

“YOU HAVE TWENTY MINUTES TO GET DRESSED AND TO EAT BEFORE YOU HAVE TO START RUNNING. SO GET MOVING!” Anne clapped her hands.

When they came up with the idea for the first activity, they did not like very much the idea of having to wake up this early –poor people from the other years that most likely were woken up from all the yelling, but they were outside now so they could go back to sleep-, now, seeing the freshmen running around the houses, Anne had to admit it was pretty funny. Most of the freshmen were not even running at this point, most of them were walking fast or just walking. They were still playing music, which made it more enjoyable.

“WATERMELON SUGAR!” Cole sang.

“HIGH!” The freshmen responded.

After the song finished playing the first time, Moody came up with the game of singing that phrase of the chorus, just like Marco Polo, but replacing the words with Watermelon Sugar High.

Anne was lying on the floor with her head on Gilbert’s lap; he was running his hand through her hair. “I’m going to fall asleep if you keep doing that”

“Then sleep, they’re still running, I’ll wake you up later”

“Can’t”

“Why not?”

“It’s almost six”

“Right”

They planned to go have breakfast at 6:15, a few minutes before the first activity was supposed to end, so everyone would see them leaving together. That was the first step of their plan –not what they were doing right now-.

“What time is it exactly?” he asked.

“5:57, why?”

“I need to get changed” Gilbert was still wearing his pajamas, he did not bother to change before, after all, he was only going to sit in front of his house and watch the freshmen run.