Catching Up

"You look tired Ani..." Azaylia hugged herself, suddenly feeling very chilled.

"I don't sleep well anymore." Anakin said sorrowfully, putting his hand on the railing and looking out at the beauty of Coruscant.

"Because of Shmi?" She asks, already knowing the answer. Anakin nods in response, letting the silence capture the two in her hold.

"I don't know why I keep dreaming about her..." Anakin started, feeling ready to rant to Azaylia about his weird dreams.

"Dreams pass in time..." A steady voice from behind them stated. Obi-Wan. He stepped closer to the pair, quiet as he watched and waited. Anakin turned back to Azaylia, pretending his Master was not watching him.

"I'd much rather dream of Padmé." A tiny smile creeps up upon Anakin's face making Azaylia grin as well. She always adored when Anakin smiled, even if it was only small. "Just being around her is... intoxicating." He tilted his head back, as if he were dreaming of her right then.

"I know what that feels like." Azaylia nodded understandingly, but didn't dare spare a glance the bearded man because...well it would be much too obvious...

"Be mindful of your thoughts Anakin, they betray you." Obi-Wan lectured. "You've made a commitment to the Jedi Order. A commitment not easily broken." He crossed his arms across his chest. "And don't forget Anakin-"

"Obi-Wan give the boy a break. Enough with your lectures, they're even making me bored."
Azyalia piped up, causing Obi-Wan to take yet another step towards her.

"Who said I was lecturing him?" He teased, his eyes catching the light, a mischievous glint present.

"I did." She replied, straightening her back to make herself look taller.

"I'll leave you two...alone." Anakin eyed the two before walking back inside. He threw Azaylia a smug smirk over his shoulder before fully disappearing. Azyalia rolled her eyes.

"He really is like a little brother..."

Azyalia shivers, pulling her arms closer to her body. There was a slight chill in the nighttime air of Coruscant which wasn't unheard of...but quite rare. Maybe it was because Azaylia spent ten years of her life on a desert planet with scorching sun rays and never-ending heat.
"Are you cold Zayli?" Obi-Wan asks her, taking the spot Anakin was once in. "Here give me your hand." He reaches out his hand and opens it. She places hers gently on his. His touch sends a tingle down her back. A good tingle.

Obi-Wan also felt little sparks when her soft hand touched his calloused one, because of all those years of gripping his lightsaber much too tightly.

"Jeez you hands are like ice!" He exclaims as he puts his other hand over top of hers. Gently rubbing her hand, it warms up right away. He does the same to her other hand but instead of letting it go he brings it up to his lips and kisses her knuckles ever so softly. His beard tickles her causing her to giggle. He smiles against her skin and lets it go.
"You're such a gentleman..." She teases. "And a hypocrite."
"What?" He looked genuinely shocked.
"You're telling Anakin that he made a commitment to the Order and to "mind his thoughts" well you're over here falling head over heels for me." She chuckles.
"Might I remind you that you were the one that kissed me?" He poked her shoulder making it jerk back a little.
"That was...a mistake." She turns away to hide her red face. "You should've stopped me. Or pushed me away or...something!" She sighs. "You shouldn't have let me kiss you...it'll ruin us both."
"Azaylia...please..." he says with a pleading, gentle voice and reaches out to touch her shoulder but she bats it away.
"No Ben!" She said harshly as she whipped around. He flinched slightly, afraid she might yell or hit him. "I won't let you destroy your life. Attachment is forbidden! You-you can't...you can't..." she trails off and hangs her head.
"Hey listen...let me explain..." he lifts her chin up to look at him. "I-"
"Obi-Wan you can't. I won't let you. You've worked too hard. You have to be a role model for Ani. Don't do this please...let your feelings for me go..." She takes his hand away from her chin and strides away from him, moving to a different spot on the balcony.