“It doesn’t always look this way,” he started, pulling the door shut behind her immobile body, “It’s the honeymoon suite, so we kept the decor neutral, to apply to any special requests. I have this fantasy, that’s why it looks just like this. I first saw these paintings when we were packing up your loft to renovate the office space for Nate. It’d been two weeks since the funeral, and you were stepping back from me, further and further away all the time. You don’t get to do that, babe, you belong to me, I can’t stand it when I can’t read you. I don’t ever want to not have you near me, and yes, I know how selfish I am, knowing that I can’t give you what you deserve. But, that’s why we’re here; strip.”

Looking up into his eyes, she watched the puppet master mode descend, and her Jayden became, instead, the anchor of her universe, and everything she had depended on him. Two seconds she had, to dwell on how unhealthy that emotion was, before his demanding tones cut through her thoughts, “Vittoria!”

Slowly, with a grace that she was completely unaware of, she bared her body to his eyes.

“That’s my girl. So fucking beautiful. Go and lie on the bed.”

Her body was almost consumed by the satin duvet as she lay down on top of it, her heart beating frantically as she awaited further instructions, realising that tonight was the first time she’d ever been conscious of following his orders, and it turned her on to breaking point; she was wound up so tight with just the thought of what he would do to her now, with the knowledge that she was giving herself over to him voluntarily.

Shrugging his suit jacket from his broad shoulders, he folded it carefully over the back of the sofa, carefully stepping towards her as he unknotted his tie, holding her gaze the entire time. He pulled each end, testing the strength of the silk tie, “That should do it. You’re my angel, baby, you know this; you always have been. You mean more to me than any woman ever has, ever. But this spell won’t last, babe, this little episode of every magic moment I could think of, it’ll be over before we know it, because I can’t give what you need.”

“Jay ...”

“No, let me get this out babe. Tonight we’re going to play out my fantasy, your pleasure will completely belong to me, and your body will be mine. Only mine,” his jaw clenched as he said those words, as though his thoughts tormented him behind them, and her body shivered from the riot of emotions that was pouring through her. He was all she’d ever needed, why couldn’t he see that? “I’m going to have your every nerve ending screaming with pleasure, just for what I’m doing to it. This is what I want you to have, Vittoria, the knowledge that I can do that. I want you to come away from this knowing that your body is worshipped, and that only I can bring it to this peak, only I can make you feel this way. This tie has been against my skin all day, absorbing every X rated expectation I’ve endured today, I’m going to use it now to restrain your hands. Hold them out.”

She was stunned holding out her hands, Jayden had never been so open before, and despite his words and the pessimism within them, she felt another small glimmer of hope that perhaps he could actually love her, once she broke down some of the barriers that he’d chained around himself.

Looping the silk tie around her slender wrists, he created a knot to hold them, and pulled them up to lace through the headboard of the solid bed frame. He trailed his fingertips down her body, skimming across her nipples, grazing across her abdomen, and then down her right leg to grasp her tiny ankle in his hands as he looped a woven silk scarf around it. “I’ve broken almost all of the rules with you, babe. You give me your body and I can just barely cling onto my directions, I’m so consumed by the sight of your body, by the feelings I get just by being with you. That’s not good protocol for a Dom. You need to choose a safe word, Vittoria, something that will halt all proceedings should the intensity get to be too much for you. Should I go too far with you.”

“Um ... like what? Uh, how about kangaroo? I never say that word!”

He chuckled under his breath, now moving onto her other ankle, as he’d tied her foot to the bottom bed frame in a loose knot. She wasn’t restrained enough to feel completely trapped, but she did feel decadent, spread eagled on the bed as she was. “Kangaroo? That sounds like a good choice, random perhaps, my little angel, but a good choice, very you I’d say. Now, how does that feel?”

He tapped her ankles in their restraints.

“Fine,” she replied, biting her lower lip.

“Oh, babe,” he growled, “I told you what that does to me.” His mouth came crashing down on hers in a devastating kiss, and she, bound to the bed beneath him, could do nothing but groan her own enjoyment into the crease of his lips.