2

Who wants to be normal, it sucks. I remember sitting in class alone. Reason why. Because I killed the old lady's who lived next to our schools cat. Sure I was a weirdo at the age of five when I refused to go swimming with everyone because of my bruises. But then the teachers forced the others to play with me. But in secondary school, the teachers didn't give a flying fuck.

Everyone would go to parties, and hang out with each other during lunch. I would hide behind the English building and play with the crows, the only creatures that didn't take off at my existence.

"I told you to behave!" my hand calmly raises to my cheek which was raw from the fresh beating.

"Blend in for once in your life, be a normal kid! And what do you do, kill an old woman's cat... ON THE FIRST DAY!" I wince at his raised tone. I knew what was coming next, a lump rose in my throat, maybe he won't bring it out tonight...? One could only hope.

I try to keep quiet, to not make any noise but not matter how hard I tried to hold it in I couldn't help but scream. Which only made him dig it in further till all that could be heard were quiet sobs. "Disgusting!" he tossed the whip to the side. With shaking hands I pull out my tear soaked cloth that I use to stop me alerting the neighbours. When I was five he would punch and hit me which gave me bruises I was ashamed of, but as I grew older and fit in less he began using more bladed weapons. His favourite was the old whip that had rusty blood coated nails wedged into the thick leather.

My father had a thing for young women, so some nights I would hear screaming from the basement and it wasn't mine bouncing off the cement walls. The first time my father bought home a guest the screaming was so loud, even when I covered my ears I couldn't block it out. I didn't realise it was me screaming till my father stormed in face red in fury, no pants. I couldn't seem to hear what he was yelling as he grabbed me by my hair and yanked me down into the basement. Where he threw me to the side and made me watch as he raped a young girl probably in her third year of secondary school, 13, before tossing me a knife. I was sat frozen mouth open wide to scream but sound clogged up in my throat. "You need to grow some balls, so from now on you'll be deposing my toys when I'm done." I was shocked, was this right, I mean my dad did it, sure he hurt me but he's my dad. This is right. Right?

The girl had soft brown eyes filled with tears as I came close to her knife in hand. She began shaking her head lost sounds breaking through in panic. I never broke eye contact with her as I stabbed her, watching the light switch off in her eyes. I fell back, my body covered in the girls blood. The man laughed and ripped the lolling head of the dead girl before taking a selfie with her.

Disgusting.

Since then I kept doing as the man asked, staying silent, stalking for new toys. They would distract him so that his attention was on me for the night, So I could sleep in peace.

College came and I was eager to leave this wretched house, I could still never figure out why the neighbours never did anything to save me so the night I left to start anew I decided to visit everyone who did shit to save me. No one bothered to check the houses, the original owners never left to begin with and never will, say it's a little welcome present for the new owners when the visit the attic. As for my dad, he had no more 'toys'. He sits in a chair sleeping, I made sure to take one selfie with him before I left.